Roy Kelly - Memories of Scouting in Oakville
- Ken Wrigglesworth, Videographer
- Carolyn Cross, Interviewer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This image is a screenshot of a video produced by the Town of Oakville. The video details Roy Kelly's experience as a scout in the early 20th century.
- In the video, 97 year-old life-long Oakville resident Roy Kelley recalls how he joined the 1st Oakville Scout troop as a Wolf Cub in 1923, and continued to participate in the Scouting Programme through the 1920s and 1930s. Highlights include memories of camps and activities, the building of the Scout Hut in 1926, and Lord Baden Powell's visit to Oakville.
- Town of Oakville
- Date of Original
- September 9, 2009
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4473682625124 Longitude: -79.6665048808289
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Creative Commons Noncommercial: This work may be copied, distributed, displayed, and performed, as well as have derivative works based upon it — but for noncommercial purposes only.
- Town of OakvilleEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
Town of Oakville
1225 Trafalgar Road
Oakville, ON L6H 0H3