- Janette Schuringa, Interviewer
- Simon Jones, Editor
- Ken Wrigglesworth, Videographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This image is a screenshot taken from a video produced by the Oakville Public Library and the Town of Oakville. This video is an interview with John Caird, a World War II veteran.
- In this interview, John Caird talks about his experiences in the Royal Airforce. John first signed up for duty in Britain and then came across to Canada to train in Moncton and Alberta. He ended up in British Columbia as a trainer as a flying instructor for 15 months and was then sent to Burma, India. There, John flew reconnaissance, dropped supplies in POW camps following the detonation of the hydrogen bomb, and lastly flew gasoline to China. Among other things, he mentions the living conditions in India, the effect of seeing Japanese POWs on a man he knew, and some of the more pleasant things he experience when first coming to Canada from England.
- Oakville Public Library and the Town of Oakville
- Date of Original
- May 16, 2007
- Local identifier
- Oakville at War Veterans Interviews
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4473682625124 Longitude: -79.6665048808289
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Reproduction Notes
- Creative Commons Noncommercial: This work may be copied, distributed, displayed, and performed, as well as have derivative works based upon it — but for noncommercial purposes only.
- Oakville Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
Oakville Public Library
120 Navy Street
Oakville ON L6J 2Z4
Tel: (905) 815-2042
For information about photographs, news articles, or other information included in this database, please contact the Local Collections Librarian by email.