- Janette Schuringa, Interviewer
- Ken Wrigglesworth, Videographer
- Simon Jones, Editor
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This image is a screenshot taken from a video produced by the Oakville Public Library and the Town of Oakville. This video is an interview with Ivan Mavrinac, a World War II veteran.
- In this interview, Ivan Mavrinac talks about working as a Non-Commission Officer of Records at Petawawa, Ontario in World War II. Born in Croatia in 1920, Ivan and his family moved to Canada in 1929. He graduated in 1939 from a three year commercial course and was invited to join the army in 1941 by the government. Although he was shipped to Kingston to form the sixth division and then to Belwar, Virigina, Ivan explains how he never went to Japan as was planned. He also talks about being in Washington when the bomb was dropped by the Americans and taking a flight to New York.
- Oakville Public Library and the Town of Oakville
- Place of Publication
- Oakville, Ontario
- Local identifier
- Oakville at War Veteran Interviews
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4473682625124 Longitude: -79.6665048808289
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Creative Commons Noncommercial: This work may be copied, distributed, displayed, and performed, as well as have derivative works based upon it — but for noncommercial purposes only.
- Oakville Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
Oakville Public Library
120 Navy Street
Oakville ON L6J 2Z4
Tel: (905) 815-2042
For information about photographs, news articles, or other information included in this database, please contact the Local Collections Librarian by email.