- Janette Schuringa, Interviewer
- Simon Jones, Editor
- Ken Wrigglesworth, Videographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This image is a screenshot taken from a video produced by the Oakville Public Library and the Town of Oakville. This video is an interview with Hugh O'Donnell, a World War II veteran.
- In this interview, Hugh O’Donnell talks about his experiences as a paratrooper in World War II. Hugh was born in Glasgow in 1922 and transferred into the paratroopers after Churchill stated that anyone who wished to join them would be released from other duties. Among his memories, he speaks about jumping from a plane with a loose harness, the dangers of landing, and the hope that you would meet up with others when you landed. Hugh parachuted off the coast of Europe and, on one occasion, into France.
- Oakville Public Library and the Town of Oakville
- Place of Publication
- Oakville, Ontario
- Local identifier
- Oakville at War Veteran Interviews
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4473682625124 Longitude: -79.6665048808289
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Reproduction Notes
- Creative Commons Noncommercial: This work may be copied, distributed, displayed, and performed, as well as have derivative works based upon it — but for noncommercial purposes only.
- Oakville Public LibraryEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
Oakville Public Library
120 Navy Street
Oakville ON L6J 2Z4
Tel: (905) 815-2042
For information about photographs, news articles, or other information included in this database, please contact the Local Collections Librarian by email.