- Janette Schuringa, Interviewer
- Ken Wrigglesworth, Videographer
- Simon Jones, Editor
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This image is a screenshot taken from a video produced by the Oakville Public Library and the Town of Oakville. This video is an interview with David Senst, a World War II veteran.
- In this interview, David Senst speaks about his involvement prior to and in World War II. David joined the army back in 1937 and was actually in Norway for some time when Russia was threatening Finland. He was present at the defence of Calais, while 250,000 British troops were trying to get back to the U.K. He also served in India in the Japanese theatre of the war and remembers hearing about the bomb being dropped. He came to Canada later in life and his wife followed him shortly after.
- Oakville Public Library and the Town of Oakville
- Place of Publication
- Oakville, Ontario
- Date of Original
- June 1, 2007
- Local identifier
- Oakville at War Veteran Interviews
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4473682625124 Longitude: -79.6665048808289
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Creative Commons Noncommercial: This work may be copied, distributed, displayed, and performed, as well as have derivative works based upon it — but for noncommercial purposes only.
- Oakville Public LibraryEmail:email@example.com
Agency street/mail address:
Oakville Public Library
120 Navy Street
Oakville ON L6J 2Z4
Tel: (905) 815-2042
For information about photographs, news articles, or other information included in this database, please contact the Local Collections Librarian by email.