The Rev. Michael J. Marsden leads the Presbyterian congregation in a worship ceremony celebrating Knox Presbyterian Church's 175th anniversary, at the corner of Navy St. and Lakeshore Road, Sunday, April 13th, 2008.
- Rudy Platiel, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- "On a Sunday in April 1833, twelve people from the community and a minister from Hamilton gathered together for worship in a rough wooden building that sat on the east bank of the Sixteen Mile Creek. From those humble beginnings Knox Presbyterian Church, Oakville stands today as an impressive witness to the faithfulness and vision of those twelve people. It is with sincere gratitude both to them, but especially to God, that we gather together today to continue the work begun 175 years ago." - excerpt from pamphlet distributed at riverside service.
- Date of Original
- Local identifier
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.4473682625124 Longitude: -79.6665048808289
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Knox Presbyterian Church, OakvilleEmail:firstname.lastname@example.org
Agency street/mail address:
89 Dunn Street, Oakville ON L6J 3C8