This building was originally designed and built for the Bank of Toronto (c. 1920). Located at 166 Lakeshore Road East, this building was converted to a Toronto-Dominion Bank after the merger in 1955.
Prior to the bank, this property originally belonged to the town's founder, Colonel William Chisholm, and was the location of his house. Silkeborg, a high-end retail clothing store has since replaced the bank and TD Canada Trust can now be found at 282 Lakeshore Road East.
Information credited to: Town of Oakville Designated Buildings: Part IV of the Ontario Heritage Act. Oakville, Ont.: Town of Oakville, 2000. Print.