The Anderson Block (c. 1887) resides on Lakeshore Road East from 134-138 and has been a popular location throughout Oakville’s history. At one point in time C.W. Anderson used the first floor of this building to open a bank. Unfortunately, in 1897 the bank was robbed, resulting in bankruptcy.
Later in the 1950s, this building was used as a police station, as well as the Town Clerk’s Office. The second floor was used to host Town Council meetings.
Information and drawn image credited to: Town of Oakville Designated Buildings: Part IV of the Ontario Heritage Act. Oakville, Ont.: Town of Oakville, 2000. Print.