Urquhart’s Medical Hall (c. 1835) was located at 182 Lakeshore Road East. For a lengthy period of time, this store offered apothecary products, as well as medical and surgery services.
John Urquhart, the owner at the time, was one of the earliest fully-qualified doctors in Oakville. He was deemed a qualified doctor after attending to and treating cholera victims for two years after the severe outbreak.
As a tribute to his diligence and hard work, there is a stained glass window in Knox Presbyterian Church that is dedicated to John Urquhart and his wife.
This store is now a kitchen and housewares store, known as To Set a Table.
Information credited to: Town of Oakville Designated Buildings: Part IV of the Ontario Heritage Act. Oakville, Ont.: Town of Oakville, 2000. Print.