Oakville Images

Results

We found
12
matching items
Geographic Location
Palermo
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • 2408 Dundas Street West, 1991 and 2008
    Image       This farmhouse was on Lot 29, Con.1 SDS. It was on the south side of Dundas Street in present day Oakville, on the east Fourteen Mile Creek branch to the east of Palermo. As of 2016, there is a restaurant facing Dundas Street at about the spot. The photograph in ...
    Image     This farmhouse was on Lot 29, Con.1 SDS. It was on the south side of Dundas Street in present day Oakville, on the east Fourteen Mile Creek branch to the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 2514 Dundas Street West, 1977 and 1991
    Image       This attractive farmhouse was on Lot 30, Conc. 1 SDS Trafalgar Township - or in today's terms, on the southeast corner facing Dundas Street at Bronte Road (now Old Bronte Road), in the old village of Palermo, now Oakville. According to the 1816 Trafalgar Township Assessment by Fred Blair and ...
    Image     This attractive farmhouse was on Lot 30, Conc. 1 SDS Trafalgar Township - or in today's terms, on the southeast corner facing Dundas Street at Bronte Road (now Old Bronte ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 3004 Dundas Street West, 1990s
    Imagecomment       This farmhouse was on Lot 31, Concession 1, SDS, Trafalgar Township. It used to be right at the corner of Bronte Road (formerly Highway 25) and Dundas (formerly Highway 5), directly north of the Palermo Community Hall. Because Dundas Street was widened several times in the 20th century, (as was ...
    Imagecomment     This farmhouse was on Lot 31, Concession 1, SDS, Trafalgar Township. It used to be right at the corner of Bronte Road (formerly Highway 25) and Dundas (formerly Highway 5), ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 3069 Dundas Street West, c1992
    Image       This farmhouse was photographed for the Town of Oakville in 1992. It was likely located on Lot 31, Conc.1 NDS Trafalgar Township, or in today's terms, on the north side of Dundas Street, west of Bronte Road, just before Valleyridge Drive in the old village of Palermo, now Oakville, Ontario. ...
    Image     This farmhouse was photographed for the Town of Oakville in 1992. It was likely located on Lot 31, Conc.1 NDS Trafalgar Township, or in today's terms, on the north side ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • History of Elmbank Farms owned by Tovell Bros.
    Image       Approach to Elmbank farm. For more information, please see the booklet donated along with these images. Scans of this booklet can be found by entering "Century Old Home" into the search field.
    Image     Approach to Elmbank farm. For more information, please see the booklet donated along with these images. Scans of this booklet can be found by entering "Century Old Home" into the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • History of Elmbank Farms owned by Tovell Bros.
    Image       For more information, please see the booklet donated along with these images. Scans of this booklet can be found by entering "Century Old Home" into the search field.
    Image     For more information, please see the booklet donated along with these images. Scans of this booklet can be found by entering "Century Old Home" into the search field.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • History of Elmbank Farms owned by Tovell Bros.
    Image       For more information, please see the booklet donated along with these images. Scans of this booklet can be found by entering "Century Old Home" into the search field.
    Image     For more information, please see the booklet donated along with these images. Scans of this booklet can be found by entering "Century Old Home" into the search field.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Home of George Buck
    Image       Home on Dundas Highway, Lot 28, Concession 1, NDS former Trafalgar Township. Street address was 2307 Dundas Street West, now in Oakville, Ontario. In 2004, the house was clearly visible from Dundas Street and considered to be a familiar landmark. Other photographs of the house on unauthoritative internet sites show ...
    Image     Home on Dundas Highway, Lot 28, Concession 1, NDS former Trafalgar Township. Street address was 2307 Dundas Street West, now in Oakville, Ontario. In 2004, the house was clearly visible ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Oakhurst, Back View.
    Image       Built by William Cyrus Inglehart in the late 1800’s. In the Historical Atlas of Halton County, 1877, William Cyrus and his family lived and farmed at Con 2, SDS, Lot 31, Trafalgar Township. He settled in 1823, was born in Canada, had a PO address at Palermo, and his occupation ...
    Image     Built by William Cyrus Inglehart in the late 1800’s. In the Historical Atlas of Halton County, 1877, William Cyrus and his family lived and farmed at Con 2, SDS, Lot ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Oakhurst- front entrance. Home on West side of Bronte Road below Upper Middle Road
    Image       People in the photograph are William Cyrus Inglehart and family.
    Image     People in the photograph are William Cyrus Inglehart and family.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • "Oakhurst", Inglehart House, 1470 Bronte Road
    Imagecomment       Two photographs of "Oakhurst", built by and home of the Inglehart family since the late 1800s, as photographed in about 2009. The second photograph shows the old barn. The silo was built of lakestone. In the Historical Atlas of Halton County, 1877, William Cyrus was at Con. (NDS) 2 Lot ...
    Imagecomment     Two photographs of "Oakhurst", built by and home of the Inglehart family since the late 1800s, as photographed in about 2009. The second photograph shows the old barn. The silo ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Smith House, Palermo
    ImageText       A photograph of the house built for the John Addison Smith family, foundry owners in Palermo, Ontario. Harvey and Ethel Smith raised their daughters, Erma Norine and Muriel Verna in this house. Harvey was a beekeeper. On December 16, 1943, a fire caused about $200 damage to the house. The ...
    ImageText     A photograph of the house built for the John Addison Smith family, foundry owners in Palermo, Ontario. Harvey and Ethel Smith raised their daughters, Erma Norine and Muriel Verna in ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit