Oakville Images

Results

We found
24036
matching items
Item type(s)
Photographs
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • S.S. No.4, Snider's School, Trafalgar Township
    Image       First, a close-up photograph of the old one-room schoolhouse, S.S. #4, Trafalgar Township just before it was torn down for the widening of the road in 2010. Part of the old circle up near the peak of the roof above the front door can be seen, with the hand lettering ...
    Image     First, a close-up photograph of the old one-room schoolhouse, S.S. #4, Trafalgar Township just before it was torn down for the widening of the road in 2010. Part of the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Box of John Durlan Smith
    Image       The box has the initials, JDS, hammered in tacks into the lid.
    Image     The box has the initials, JDS, hammered in tacks into the lid.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Lyon Family Log Cabin
    Image       In 1879, George and Mary Lyon emigrated from England to live in this cabin and raise their family of 9 children. Originally built in 1814, the home was located on 7th Line (Trafalgar Road), just north of the present day Oakville Town Hall at Marlborough Court. The old cabin was ...
    Image     In 1879, George and Mary Lyon emigrated from England to live in this cabin and raise their family of 9 children. Originally built in 1814, the home was located on ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • James Appelbe House, 257 Dundas Street East
    Image       This was a Designated Town of Oakville Heritage Building. The house was built in 1850 by James Appelbe who emigrated from Ireland in 1815 with his widowed mother and older brother, William. James was apprenticed to a merchant in Hamilton and later taught school. In 1831 he married Jemima (Kaitting) ...
    Image     This was a Designated Town of Oakville Heritage Building. The house was built in 1850 by James Appelbe who emigrated from Ireland in 1815 with his widowed mother and older ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • View of the Original Trafalgar Township Hall and Ogden's Ice Cream Booth, pre-1949
    Image       This photograph is taken on the south side of Dundas, looking east over Seventh Line (now known as Trafalgar Road). The photographer is standing in front of the store, gas station and ice cream booth (called Ogden's) owned by Bob Fairman in the 1950s. The photographer is on the southwest ...
    Image     This photograph is taken on the south side of Dundas, looking east over Seventh Line (now known as Trafalgar Road). The photographer is standing in front of the store, gas ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Cecil Franklin Lucas
    Image       ...
    Image     ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Lyon Homestead Cabin
    Image       The cabin, built in 1820, was originally situated at 7th Line (Trafalgar Road) and Marlborough Court, adjacent to the former village of Vernerville. It was rediscovered during development and reconstructed in 1973. It is now located at 1 Forsythe Street, also known as Shipyard Park by the mouth of the ...
    Image     The cabin, built in 1820, was originally situated at 7th Line (Trafalgar Road) and Marlborough Court, adjacent to the former village of Vernerville. It was rediscovered during development and reconstructed ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Absalom Smith
    Imagecomment       Absalom Smith
    Imagecomment     Absalom Smith
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Lyon Family Log Cabin
    Imagecomment       George and Mary Lyon emigrated from England in 1879 and raised their family of 9 children in this house. The cabin, built in 1820, was originally situated at 7th Line (Trafalgar Road) and Marlborough Court, adjacent to the former village of Vernerville. It was rediscovered during development and reconstructed in ...
    Imagecomment     George and Mary Lyon emigrated from England in 1879 and raised their family of 9 children in this house. The cabin, built in 1820, was originally situated at 7th Line ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 2488 Old Bronte Road Architectural Detail
    Image       This photograph is of the outstanding craftsmanship on a door of the house formerly at 2488 Old Bronte Road. The house was built ca1822 in Trafalgar Township. Unfortunately, in 2007 it was deemed to be in such an unsafe state of disrepair that it was removed from the Town of ...
    Image     This photograph is of the outstanding craftsmanship on a door of the house formerly at 2488 Old Bronte Road. The house was built ca1822 in Trafalgar Township. Unfortunately, in 2007 ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Coyne Public School, S.S. #9
    Image       Coyne Public School was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin in Halton County. Pictured here is Mrs. Ruth Brownridge who taught all 8 grades for many years, and her students. The original school, a log building, was built in ...
    Image     Coyne Public School was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin in Halton County. Pictured here is Mrs. Ruth Brownridge ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Ephraim Post, the younger, 1823-1883
    Imagecomment       The Post Inn was opened by the Post family on the south-west corner of Dundas Street and 7th Line (which is now called Trafalgar Road), or on Lot 13 Concession 1 SDS, before 1827. The Inn was first run by the father of the Ephraim Post in the photograph here, ...
    Imagecomment     The Post Inn was opened by the Post family on the south-west corner of Dundas Street and 7th Line (which is now called Trafalgar Road), or on Lot 13 Concession ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Snider Farmhouse, 1481 Burnhamthorpe Road East, Oakville
    ImageText       Handwritten on the back of this postcard, a neighbour has written, "The original Snider house on back concession near 9th line." See this in the 2nd image in this record. No date for the photograph or post card is provided. This Oakville house address is 1481 Burnhamthorpe Road East, near ...
    ImageText     Handwritten on the back of this postcard, a neighbour has written, "The original Snider house on back concession near 9th line." See this in the 2nd image in this record. ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Home of James McDonald, 176 Front St., 1837.
    Image       ...
    Image     ...
    Knox Presbyterian Church, Oakville
  • Mary J. Neelands
    Image       Portrait of Mary J. (Lindsey) Neelands, mother of Lindsey Neelands a dairy farmer on Lot 13, Concession 7 on the West side of Trafalgar Road. The Neelands family were host to several community garden parties on thier spacious front lawn.
    Image     Portrait of Mary J. (Lindsey) Neelands, mother of Lindsey Neelands a dairy farmer on Lot 13, Concession 7 on the West side of Trafalgar Road. The Neelands family were host ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Richard Cullingworth
    Image       Handwritten in ink on the right side of the photograph, "Father of Anne, Ruth, Joseph, and Richard. Grandfather of George, Clare, Ruth, Allan, Hazel".
    Image     Handwritten in ink on the right side of the photograph, "Father of Anne, Ruth, Joseph, and Richard. Grandfather of George, Clare, Ruth, Allan, Hazel".
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Family Reunion, Peacock family
    Image       Fitfth Annual Peacock Reunion at La Salle Park. "One Hundredth Anniversary" Aug. 20 1832
    Image     Fitfth Annual Peacock Reunion at La Salle Park. "One Hundredth Anniversary" Aug. 20 1832
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Houses, Old Bronte Road at Dundas in March 2014
    Image       A series of 7 photographs taken in March 2014 to document the homes and old buildings at Palermo on Old Bronte Road, south of Dundas Street. Shown first is the Bartman house with the blacksmith shop in behind it to the left. 2480 Old Bronte Rd. sits on the west ...
    Image     A series of 7 photographs taken in March 2014 to document the homes and old buildings at Palermo on Old Bronte Road, south of Dundas Street. Shown first is the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 19 Navy Street, Oakville Ontario
    Image       ...
    Image     ...
    Oakville Public Library
  • The Ludlow Cabin, 1495 Burnhamthorpe Road West
    Image       This 1830's cabin stood at lot 25, Concession 2 NDS, the address today is 1495 Burnhamthorpe Road West. It is known as the Slater log cabin, though the actual family name was Slacer. It was originally settled by George and Frances (nee Cruise) Ludlow. Their daughter, Martha, married John Slacer. ...
    Image     This 1830's cabin stood at lot 25, Concession 2 NDS, the address today is 1495 Burnhamthorpe Road West. It is known as the Slater log cabin, though the actual family ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit