Oakville Images

Results

We found
110
matching items
Media Types
Image  
  
Item type(s)
Photographs
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Bronte Public School
    Image       A photograph of Bronte Public School (later renamed Centriller School) it was demolished in the 1970s.
    Image     A photograph of Bronte Public School (later renamed Centriller School) it was demolished in the 1970s.
    Bronte Historical Society
  • Oakville High School ca 1908-1910
    Image       The cornerstone of the Oakville High School located on Reynolds Street was laid in 1908, prior to that it had been housed in the old Oakville Public School building. In 1947 it was renamed Oakville Trafalgar High School. In 1992 it was moved to its current location on Devon Road.
    Image     The cornerstone of the Oakville High School located on Reynolds Street was laid in 1908, prior to that it had been housed in the old Oakville Public School building. In ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Glenorchy School, S.S. #14 (also known as Pleasant Valley school) 1948
    Imagecomment       ...
    Imagecomment     ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • The population of Oakville High School
    Imagecomment       This photograph shows the students who attended Oakville High School in 1926-7. The principal at this time was R.H. Archibald.
    Imagecomment     This photograph shows the students who attended Oakville High School in 1926-7. The principal at this time was R.H. Archibald.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Centriller Public School, Bronte, Ontario, 1974
    Image       This photograph shows the back of Centriller Public School in 1974. The school was located near the intersection of Lakeshore Road and Jones Street in Bronte, which is now part of the Town of Oakville, Ontario. The school closed in 1976. This building was the second school, replacing the two ...
    Image     This photograph shows the back of Centriller Public School in 1974. The school was located near the intersection of Lakeshore Road and Jones Street in Bronte, which is now part ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Old High School
    Image       The old Oakville Trafalgar High School building which had its cornerstone laid in 1908 on Reynolds St., Oakville.
    Image     The old Oakville Trafalgar High School building which had its cornerstone laid in 1908 on Reynolds St., Oakville.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Omagh School
    Image       Back Row: Gordon Turner, Harvey Campbell, Hugh Beaty, Howard Stout, Ralph Ford, Grace Johnstone, Laura Hamilton, Mary Stout, Mildred Johnstone, Ruby Campbell, Ruth McCann. Middle Row: Walter Beaty, (?), Floyd Hamilton, Emerson Robinson, (?), Gwen Hamilton, (?), Helen O’Connor, Bernice Lawrence. Front Row: Carl Turner, Leslie Hamilton, Melville Hamilton, Hank ...
    Image     Back Row: Gordon Turner, Harvey Campbell, Hugh Beaty, Howard Stout, Ralph Ford, Grace Johnstone, Laura Hamilton, Mary Stout, Mildred Johnstone, Ruby Campbell, Ruth McCann. Middle Row: Walter Beaty, (?), Floyd ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #10, Tenth Line
    Image       School photo from S.S. #10, Tenth Line. This is the school where Ethel Giles began her teaching career.
    Image     School photo from S.S. #10, Tenth Line. This is the school where Ethel Giles began her teaching career.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Elsie Lyon
    Image       Elsie Lyon (centre) sits with two friends in front of Oakville High School.
    Image     Elsie Lyon (centre) sits with two friends in front of Oakville High School.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #7 Sixth Line School
    Image       The S.S. #7 was located at Derry Road and Sixth Line.
    Image     The S.S. #7 was located at Derry Road and Sixth Line.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Snider's School, 2008
    ImageText       Snider's school was first built on land owned by Ephraim Post Concession 1, Lot 6, NDS. We know S.S. #4 was in use by 1877 and the 1878 Atlas shows it right on the corner on the southwest side of Ninth Line and Burnhamthorpe Road. The 200 acre Lot 6 ...
    ImageText     Snider's school was first built on land owned by Ephraim Post Concession 1, Lot 6, NDS. We know S.S. #4 was in use by 1877 and the 1878 Atlas shows ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Hornby School Reunion
    Imagecomment       Hornby school reunion Oct 1954 of 1890’s students Back l-r John Coulson, Will Robinson, Leonard Maude, Front, Robert Pewtress, Magdelena Bowman Brigden, Mrs Joe Boyd, Mrs Metcalfe, James Lindsay
    Imagecomment     Hornby school reunion Oct 1954 of 1890’s students Back l-r John Coulson, Will Robinson, Leonard Maude, Front, Robert Pewtress, Magdelena Bowman Brigden, Mrs Joe Boyd, Mrs Metcalfe, James Lindsay
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • School Photo
    Image       Ken Devlin is 3rd from left, back row. Jim Devlin is 6th from left, middle row.
    Image     Ken Devlin is 3rd from left, back row. Jim Devlin is 6th from left, middle row.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • School photo
    Image       2nd row, 2nd from left, is Jim Devlin.
    Image     2nd row, 2nd from left, is Jim Devlin.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Centriller School in Bronte Nov-Dec 1979
    Imagecomment       This school was at the intersection of Lakeshore Road and Jones Street in Bronte. As per the March 2012 Oakville Historical Society newsletter: In 1872, a two story school made of stone was constructed on the north side of Chisholm St. (now Marine Drive). It was demolished in 1923 and ...
    Imagecomment     This school was at the intersection of Lakeshore Road and Jones Street in Bronte. As per the March 2012 Oakville Historical Society newsletter: In 1872, a two story school made ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #11 School, Sheridan, June 1913
    Image       This school was located on the east side of 9th Line, south of Dundas, south of where the drive-in movie theatre is located, (north of Upper Middle Road and Ninth Line). The school was closed in 1948 and students then were bussed to Maple Grove Public School, in Oakville.
    Image     This school was located on the east side of 9th Line, south of Dundas, south of where the drive-in movie theatre is located, (north of Upper Middle Road and Ninth ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Omagh School, 1930
    Image       Back Row; Ruth Emerson, Ruby Campbell, Mary Stout, Ruth McCann (Teacher), Bernice Lawrence, Gwen Hamilton, Eileen Stevens, Helen O'Connor, Glenna Stout. Centre Row: Harvey Campbell, Hugh Beatty, Walter Beatty, Gordon Turner, (?), Emerson Robinson, Featherstone Ford (called Hank), Melville Hamilton, -- Hamilton. Front Row; (?), Margaret Beatty, (?), Velma Campbell, ...
    Image     Back Row; Ruth Emerson, Ruby Campbell, Mary Stout, Ruth McCann (Teacher), Bernice Lawrence, Gwen Hamilton, Eileen Stevens, Helen O'Connor, Glenna Stout. Centre Row: Harvey Campbell, Hugh Beatty, Walter Beatty, Gordon ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Merton School, S.S. #15 - pre 1930
    Image       Miss Ruth Baldwin Inglehart, teacher. Marie Inglehart, second from left in second row and Edgar (Ike) Inglehart, third from right in second row. Both are children of Stanley Inglehart and Minnie Marie Vivian, and both are second cousins, once removed of the teacher. Merton school S.S.#15 was first a log ...
    Image     Miss Ruth Baldwin Inglehart, teacher. Marie Inglehart, second from left in second row and Edgar (Ike) Inglehart, third from right in second row. Both are children of Stanley Inglehart and ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Coyne School 1954-55.
    Image       The students of Coyne School, 1954-55. Coyne Public School, S.S. #9, was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin, in Halton County. The original school, a log building, was built in the woods at the northern end of the Bethel ...
    Image     The students of Coyne School, 1954-55. Coyne Public School, S.S. #9, was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin, in ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Ethel Wettlaufer On The Steps Of The Palermo School.
    Imagecomment       Ethel Wettlaufer taught at the Palermo school, S.S. #2, Trafalgar Township, Halton County, during the 1940s and 1950s. Ethel Wettlaufer was born and raised in Merton, which was near what is now the Queen Elizabeth Way and Bronte Road. As a young lady, she attended Normal School (teacher’s college) in ...
    Imagecomment     Ethel Wettlaufer taught at the Palermo school, S.S. #2, Trafalgar Township, Halton County, during the 1940s and 1950s. Ethel Wettlaufer was born and raised in Merton, which was near what ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
Years
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
20102010201120122013201420152016201720182019
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit