Oakville Images

Results

We found
14
matching items
Item type(s)
Photographs
  
Comments:
Yes
Creative Commons
no
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Richview Golf and Country Club
    ImageTextcomment       A series of 9 photographs taken on May 30 and June 26, 2004 to record the Richview Golf and Country Club before it was demolished to make way for some reconfiguration of the land and residential development. The actual demolition began on May 31, 2004. The course was founded in ...
    ImageTextcomment     A series of 9 photographs taken on May 30 and June 26, 2004 to record the Richview Golf and Country Club before it was demolished to make way for some ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Edward Barber, 1948, Munn's School, S.S. #3A, Halton County, Trafalgar Township
    ImageTextcomment       Percy Edward Barber, called Eddie, age 7, in Grade 1 at Munn's School, S.S. No. 3A, Halton County, formerly of Trafalgar Township. His teacher was Mrs. McCullough, who would prepare hot cocoa or soup for the children on cold days. A photograph of the cover of Eddie's Grade One report ...
    ImageTextcomment     Percy Edward Barber, called Eddie, age 7, in Grade 1 at Munn's School, S.S. No. 3A, Halton County, formerly of Trafalgar Township. His teacher was Mrs. McCullough, who would prepare ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Ephraim Post, the younger, 1823-1883
    Imagecomment       The Post Inn was opened by the Post family on the south-west corner of Dundas Street and 7th Line (which is now called Trafalgar Road), or on Lot 13 Concession 1 SDS, before 1827. The Inn was first run by the father of the Ephraim Post in the photograph here, ...
    Imagecomment     The Post Inn was opened by the Post family on the south-west corner of Dundas Street and 7th Line (which is now called Trafalgar Road), or on Lot 13 Concession ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Hopedale Plaza Construction
    Imagecomment       Located in the Hopedale district of Bronte at Third Line and Rebecca Street. It was built as an open strip mall in 1959 with the development of the surrounding subdivision. In 1971, it was enclosed and became Hopedale Mall.
    Imagecomment     Located in the Hopedale district of Bronte at Third Line and Rebecca Street. It was built as an open strip mall in 1959 with the development of the surrounding subdivision. ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Sheridan United Church, 1630 Winston Churchill Boulevard, Oakville, 1980's
    Imagecomment       The first church building at Sheridan was built about 1826 on Lot 1, Con. 2, SDS, on the Lawrence farm. It faced east to the Town Line (Winston Churchill Boulevard today), just south of Upper Middle Road which is today the Queen Elizabeth Way and service roads. The congregation was ...
    Imagecomment     The first church building at Sheridan was built about 1826 on Lot 1, Con. 2, SDS, on the Lawrence farm. It faced east to the Town Line (Winston Churchill Boulevard ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Harvey Morris Switzer, Postmaster, Magistrate, Commissioner Paymaster of the 20th Halton Rifles
    Imagecomment       Mr. Switzer is holding a pamphlet titled "Boston Maine...", possibly reflecting a connection with the Boston Maine Railroad owned by the Boston and Maine Corporation, chartered in New Hampshire in 1839 according to Wikipedia.
    Imagecomment     Mr. Switzer is holding a pamphlet titled "Boston Maine...", possibly reflecting a connection with the Boston Maine Railroad owned by the Boston and Maine Corporation, chartered in New Hampshire in ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 3004 Dundas Street West, 1990s
    Imagecomment       This farmhouse was on Lot 31, Concession 1, SDS, Trafalgar Township. It used to be right at the corner of Bronte Road (formerly Highway 25) and Dundas (formerly Highway 5), directly north of the Palermo Community Hall. Because Dundas Street was widened several times in the 20th century, (as was ...
    Imagecomment     This farmhouse was on Lot 31, Concession 1, SDS, Trafalgar Township. It used to be right at the corner of Bronte Road (formerly Highway 25) and Dundas (formerly Highway 5), ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Potato Truck Accident at the Glenorchy Bridge, 1964
    Imagecomment       The two photographs in this record show the crashed potato truck and the work to retrieve it in about 1964 (the photo was developed in 1965 but that was likely a few months after it was taken). The truck was guided onto Fourth Line, an unsuitable route for a truck, ...
    Imagecomment     The two photographs in this record show the crashed potato truck and the work to retrieve it in about 1964 (the photo was developed in 1965 but that was likely ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • King George Arch Bridge Over the Sixteen Mile Creek, Looking West to Kerr St., Oakville, Demolished 1930's
    Imagecomment       This bridge has been identified as "This would be the King George Arch bridge over the Sixteen Mile Creek. Looking west towards what is now Kerr Street. Ultimately demolished to make way for the QEW bridge in the 1930's." See the Comments section of this record. The sides of the ...
    Imagecomment     This bridge has been identified as "This would be the King George Arch bridge over the Sixteen Mile Creek. Looking west towards what is now Kerr Street. Ultimately demolished to ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Loyal Orange Lodge No. 165, Hornby
    Imagecomment       Two photographs of Hornby, Ontario's Loyal Orange Lodge No. 165 walking sometime in the 1950's era on a July 12th. Bob Brownridge is the gentleman holding his hat in the first picture, and wearing it during the walk in the second picture. He's wearing a vest. Jimmy Cunningham is on ...
    Imagecomment     Two photographs of Hornby, Ontario's Loyal Orange Lodge No. 165 walking sometime in the 1950's era on a July 12th. Bob Brownridge is the gentleman holding his hat in the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Kerr Streetscape circa 1950-1960
    Imagecomment       Liquor Control Board of Ontario Singer Fabrics Morden's
    Imagecomment     Liquor Control Board of Ontario Singer Fabrics Morden's
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Barnstable Bridge, 2006
    Imagecomment       The Barnstable Bridge crosses the eastern arm of the Sixteen Mile Creek at Lower Base Line in Halton, between Fifth and Sixth Lines.
    Imagecomment     The Barnstable Bridge crosses the eastern arm of the Sixteen Mile Creek at Lower Base Line in Halton, between Fifth and Sixth Lines.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • "Oakhurst", Inglehart House, 1470 Bronte Road
    Imagecomment       Two photographs of "Oakhurst", built by and home of the Inglehart family since the late 1800s, as photographed in about 2009. The second photograph shows the old barn. The silo was built of lakestone. In the Historical Atlas of Halton County, 1877, William Cyrus was at Con. (NDS) 2 Lot ...
    Imagecomment     Two photographs of "Oakhurst", built by and home of the Inglehart family since the late 1800s, as photographed in about 2009. The second photograph shows the old barn. The silo ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • McFadden House, Tremaine Road, 2012
    ImageTextcomment       The McFadden house was built in 1912 in Trafalgar Township. It bears a Milton official heritage designation as the property is now part of Milton. The property is presently owned by the Forte family. These photographs were taken in 2012. To see all four photographs, click on Pages "Select" to ...
    ImageTextcomment     The McFadden house was built in 1912 in Trafalgar Township. It bears a Milton official heritage designation as the property is now part of Milton. The property is presently owned ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Search within these results
Sort
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit