Oakville Images

Results

We found
39
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Entrance to the Sovereign House
    Image       A photograph of the front gate of the Sovereign house being opened by someone in costume
    Image     A photograph of the front gate of the Sovereign house being opened by someone in costume
    Bronte Historical Society
  • Kingsholm Farm, Kaitting House on Dundas Street West, Trafalgar Township.
    Imagecomment       On the back of the photograph: Oakville, Kingholmsfarm, Aug. 1953 Herb Schafer.
    Imagecomment     On the back of the photograph: Oakville, Kingholmsfarm, Aug. 1953 Herb Schafer.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Palermo Hall Receipts and Expenditures
    ImageTextcomment       There is no indication of the year for this Palermo Hall statement of Receipts and Expenditures but looking through the expenditures for brick, roofing, timber, cement, window blinds, metal roofing, furnace, and seeing the list of individual donors and proceeds receipts, perhaps it is for the construction of the Hall ...
    ImageTextcomment     There is no indication of the year for this Palermo Hall statement of Receipts and Expenditures but looking through the expenditures for brick, roofing, timber, cement, window blinds, metal roofing, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S.#2 Palermo Public School, 1875-1942
    Image       In modern terms, the one-room Palermo schoolhouse is located at 2431 Dundas Street West. There was a school in Palermo as early as 1819. It was one of 3 public schools in Trafalgar Twp. The first school may have been on the same property as the ones built in 1842, ...
    Image     In modern terms, the one-room Palermo schoolhouse is located at 2431 Dundas Street West. There was a school in Palermo as early as 1819. It was one of 3 public ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • E.H. (Harry) Post Farmhouse, 9th Line
    Image       The attached picture is of the old E.H. (Harry) Post farm house on the 9th Line near Burnhamthorpe, (Snider's Corners area). William H. Post and Elen (Nellie), nee Secord also raised their family on this farm until they moved to a fruit farm on Macdonald Road. Children Myrtle, Benita and ...
    Image     The attached picture is of the old E.H. (Harry) Post farm house on the 9th Line near Burnhamthorpe, (Snider's Corners area). William H. Post and Elen (Nellie), nee Secord also ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Palermo School, 1942-43 Construction
    ImageText       There are 7 photos included in this record. View the others by selecting `Page` at the top of this record. The record is also linked to a photograph of the finished school. The building contractor was D.A. Wendover & Sons Construction. Dave Wendover took the photographs. The photo shown here ...
    ImageText     There are 7 photos included in this record. View the others by selecting `Page` at the top of this record. The record is also linked to a photograph of the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Absalom Smith
    Imagecomment       Absalom Smith
    Imagecomment     Absalom Smith
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Hornby Loyal Orange Lodge No. 165
    ImageText       In first photograph: Hornby L. O. L. 165. On second photograph: Hornby Orange Lodge 4H20 Dec. 1990.
    ImageText     In first photograph: Hornby L. O. L. 165. On second photograph: Hornby Orange Lodge 4H20 Dec. 1990.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S #2 Palermo 1931
    ImageText       The children are in front of the brick schoolhouse built at Palermo, Trafalgar Township in 1875. The school was hit by lightening and ultimately destroyed, with a new building for the school opening in 1942, built by the construction company of young Carl Wendover's father, D.A. Wendover Construction. Back Row ...
    ImageText     The children are in front of the brick schoolhouse built at Palermo, Trafalgar Township in 1875. The school was hit by lightening and ultimately destroyed, with a new building for ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Harvey Morris Switzer, Postmaster, Magistrate, Commissioner Paymaster of the 20th Halton Rifles
    Imagecomment       Mr. Switzer is holding a pamphlet titled "Boston Maine...", possibly reflecting a connection with the Boston Maine Railroad owned by the Boston and Maine Corporation, chartered in New Hampshire in 1839 according to Wikipedia.
    Imagecomment     Mr. Switzer is holding a pamphlet titled "Boston Maine...", possibly reflecting a connection with the Boston Maine Railroad owned by the Boston and Maine Corporation, chartered in New Hampshire in ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Loyal Orange Lodge No. 165, Hornby
    Imagecomment       Two photographs of Hornby, Ontario's Loyal Orange Lodge No. 165 walking sometime in the 1950's era on a July 12th. Bob Brownridge is the gentleman holding his hat in the first picture, and wearing it during the walk in the second picture. He's wearing a vest. Jimmy Cunningham is on ...
    Imagecomment     Two photographs of Hornby, Ontario's Loyal Orange Lodge No. 165 walking sometime in the 1950's era on a July 12th. Bob Brownridge is the gentleman holding his hat in the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Merton School Trip to The Cave Which Had Sheltered William Lyon Mackenzie, ca1915
    Imagecomment       This school trip photograph was likely taken at the mouth of the "Devil's Cove" on Twelve Mile Creek. One of children is Amy Breckon, 1905 – 1956. She would have been a student at Merton school circa 1910-1920. Others have identified this as the "Devil's Cave". The cave was north ...
    Imagecomment     This school trip photograph was likely taken at the mouth of the "Devil's Cove" on Twelve Mile Creek. One of children is Amy Breckon, 1905 – 1956. She would have ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • U.S.S. No. 17, Ash Public School
    Image       In 1875, the wooden frame school was built. It burned down in 1932. This is the brick building which replaced it, built in 1934, still a one-room schoolhouse. Florence Meares started her teaching career here in 1934 at age 18. She was a dedicated, passionate educator who also worked for ...
    Image     In 1875, the wooden frame school was built. It burned down in 1932. This is the brick building which replaced it, built in 1934, still a one-room schoolhouse. Florence Meares ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Snider Farmhouse, 1481 Burnhamthorpe Road East, Oakville
    ImageText       Handwritten on the back of this postcard, a neighbour has written, "The original Snider house on back concession near 9th line." See this in the 2nd image in this record. No date for the photograph or post card is provided. This Oakville house address is 1481 Burnhamthorpe Road East, near ...
    ImageText     Handwritten on the back of this postcard, a neighbour has written, "The original Snider house on back concession near 9th line." See this in the 2nd image in this record. ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Snider's School, S.S. No. 4, Trafalgar Township
    Image       Snider's school was first built on land owned by Ephraim Post Concession 1, Lot 6, NDS. We know S.S. #4 was in use by 1877 and the 1878 Atlas shows it right on the corner on the southwest side of Ninth Line and Burnhamthorpe Road. The 200 acre Lot 6 ...
    Image     Snider's school was first built on land owned by Ephraim Post Concession 1, Lot 6, NDS. We know S.S. #4 was in use by 1877 and the 1878 Atlas shows ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Palermo United Church's 100th Anniversary in 1967
    Image       The celebration of the 100th anniversary of Palermo United Church took place in September, 1967 at the Palermo Community Hall. The congregation started in 1812 as a Methodist Church. The building was erected in 1867. In 1925, this church became a part of the United Church of Canada. The Nelson ...
    Image     The celebration of the 100th anniversary of Palermo United Church took place in September, 1967 at the Palermo Community Hall. The congregation started in 1812 as a Methodist Church. The ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Coyne Public School, S.S. #9
    Image       Coyne Public School was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin in Halton County. Pictured here is Mrs. Ruth Brownridge who taught all 8 grades for many years, and her students. The original school, a log building, was built in ...
    Image     Coyne Public School was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin in Halton County. Pictured here is Mrs. Ruth Brownridge ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. No.4, Snider's School, Trafalgar Township
    Image       First, a close-up photograph of the old one-room schoolhouse, S.S. #4, Trafalgar Township just before it was torn down for the widening of the road in 2010. Part of the old circle up near the peak of the roof above the front door can be seen, with the hand lettering ...
    Image     First, a close-up photograph of the old one-room schoolhouse, S.S. #4, Trafalgar Township just before it was torn down for the widening of the road in 2010. Part of the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Merton School Photo ca1910
    Image       This school photo likely shows the Merton School, attended by Ethel Giles circa 1910. Ethel grew up to attend Normal School (teacher's college) in Hamilton and become a teacher in Trafalgar Township herself as "Miss Giles" and then "Mrs. Wettlaufer".
    Image     This school photo likely shows the Merton School, attended by Ethel Giles circa 1910. Ethel grew up to attend Normal School (teacher's college) in Hamilton and become a teacher in ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Newspaper Photo Of Horses Hauling Stone For Road Work
    Image       This photo appeared in the Milton Champion, with the caption; “Hauling Rocks- to the jail, or stone for the local roads? Who can tell us what the horse-drawn teams and the large stones in this photo represent? Does anyone recognize any of the men? Photo courtesy Art Higgins” An accompanying ...
    Image     This photo appeared in the Milton Champion, with the caption; “Hauling Rocks- to the jail, or stone for the local roads? Who can tell us what the horse-drawn teams and ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
20102010201120122013201420152016201720182019
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit