Oakville Images

Results

We found
45
matching items
  • Gordon E. Perdue High School History 1962-1982
        In 1961, construction of this school was underway. Coincidentally, Prince Philip announced the need for a massive expansion of high school tecnical education and Canada responded with the Federal-Provincial Technical and Vocational Training Agreement with substantial grants for the composite academic, commercial and technical educational facilities. The Oakville Board was ...
      In 1961, construction of this school was underway. Coincidentally, Prince Philip announced ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • U.S.S. #17 Trafalgar, Ash School
        In 1875, the wooden frame school was built. It burned down in 1932. This is the brick building which replaced it, built in 1934, still a one-room schoolhouse. Florence Meares started her teaching career here in 1934 at age 18. She was a dedicated, passionate educator who also worked for ...
      In 1875, the wooden frame school was built. It burned down in ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #12 Trafalgar, 1936/37 Maple Grove School Students
        S.S. No. 12, Maple Grove School, Trafalgar Township was located on the west side of Ninth Line (below the QEW and railway line, today in 2020 this is called Maple Grove Road). It was built in 1872. The photograph in this record is scanned from a photocopy of the original ...
      S.S. No. 12, Maple Grove School, Trafalgar Township was located on the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • U.S.S. #17 Trafalgar, Ash School, 1950 Students
        In 1875, the wooden frame school was built. It burned down in 1932. This is the brick building which replaced it, built in 1934, still a one-room schoolhouse. Florence Meares started her teaching career here in 1934 at age 18. She was a dedicated, passionate educator who also worked for ...
      In 1875, the wooden frame school was built. It burned down in ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Sketch of S.S. #16, Trafalgar, the Sixteen Schoolhouse
        Printed on the sketch: Sixteen Schoolhouse 18 - 1955. The dedication plate reads: Presented to Abbey Lane School in Honour of the Official Opening by the Halton Elementary Teachers Association, April 29, 1997?? 1957?? (the year is not clear and the school website has no history of the school). (Abbey ...
      Printed on the sketch: Sixteen Schoolhouse 18 - 1955. The dedication plate ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S.#14 Trafalgar, Glenorchy School
        S.S. No. 14, Glenorchy school was also known as Pleasant Valley School. The small building on the right is the shed which protected the well. The school was on the floodplain flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek on the Fourth Line, just south of Lower Baseline. People remember the river ...
      S.S. No. 14, Glenorchy school was also known as Pleasant Valley School. ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Glenorchy School, S.S. #14 Trafalgar in 1948
        S.S. No. 14, Glenorchy school was also known as Pleasant Valley School. The school was on the floodplain flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek on the Fourth Line, just south of Lower Baseline. People remember the river ice pushing up against the old school. A small building on the site ...
      S.S. No. 14, Glenorchy school was also known as Pleasant Valley School. ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Glenorchy School, S.S. #14 Trafalgar
        Glenorchy School, S.S. 14, was located on 4th Line just below the Lower Baseline Rd., Trafalgar Township in Halton County. The small building on the right is the shed that protected the well. The school was on the flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek. There is quite a cliffside that ...
      Glenorchy School, S.S. 14, was located on 4th Line just below the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Linbrook Public School, 1960's
        Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in their jurisdictions. The old one or two room "S.S" (School Section) schools were closed as sleek, multi-roomed modern schools were built. The school in this photograph is located at 1079 Linbrook Road, east of Chartwell and south of ...
      Between 1950 and 1970, Ontario school boards centralized the public schools in ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #6, Omagh Public School
        A rare, side view of S.S. No. 6, Trafalgar, Omagh public school. The one room, red brick schoolhouse was constructed in 1876 and demolished after 92 years. It was located on Five Sideroad, Oakville, just north of Omagh General Store.
      A rare, side view of S.S. No. 6, Trafalgar, Omagh public school. ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Students At Coyne, Circa 1950
        Coyne Public School was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin, in Halton County. The original school, a log building, was built in the woods at the northern end of the Bethel Church shed on the high bank of the ...
      Coyne Public School was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Coyne School 1951-1952, Grades 1-4.
        Grades 1, 2, 3, & 4 at Coyne School, 1952. Coyne Public School, S.S. #9, was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin, in Halton County. The original school, a log building, was built in the woods at the northern ...
      Grades 1, 2, 3, & 4 at Coyne School, 1952. Coyne Public ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Coyne School 1951-52, Grades 1-8.
        Grades 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,& 8 in 1952. Coyne Public School, S.S. #9, was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin, in Halton County. The original school, a log building, was built in the woods at the ...
      Grades 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7,& 8 in 1952. Coyne ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Coyne School 1951-52, Grades 5-8.
        Grades 5, 6, 7, & 8 at Coyne School in 1952. Coyne Public School, S.S. #9, was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin, in Halton County. The original school, a log building, was built in the woods at the ...
      Grades 5, 6, 7, & 8 at Coyne School in 1952. Coyne ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Coyne School 1954-55.
        The students of Coyne School, 1954-55. Coyne Public School, S.S. #9, was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin, in Halton County. The original school, a log building, was built in the woods at the northern end of the Bethel ...
      The students of Coyne School, 1954-55. Coyne Public School, S.S. #9, was ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #12 Trafalgar, Maple Grove Student Body, 1928
        S.S. No. 12, Maple Grove School, Trafalgar Township was located on the west side of Ninth Line (below the QEW and railway line, today in 2020 this is called Maple Grove Road). It was built in 1872. The photograph in this record is scanned from a photocopy of the original ...
      S.S. No. 12, Maple Grove School, Trafalgar Township was located on the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Snider's School Students, S.S. #4 Trafalgar
        An undated photograph of the student body of the one-room schoolhouse, S.S. No. 4, Trafalgar, Snider's School. No people have been identified to us. The old one-room S.S. #4 Snider's School was closed in 1956. The building was used as a house until 2010 when it was torn down for ...
      An undated photograph of the student body of the one-room schoolhouse, S.S. ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Sixteen School, S.S. #16, Trafalgar Township
        Laura King is the teacher. Laura may have been about 18 years old in this photograph. She would not have continued teaching after her marriage in 1909. This one-room schoolhouse still sits on the west bank of the 16 Mile Creek, Fourth Line just below Dundas. It was used as ...
      Laura King is the teacher. Laura may have been about 18 years ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #4 Trafalgar, Snider's School Students, 1901
        The photograph here is scanned from a poor photocopy of the original. The photographer over-exposed the right side of the image in the original. The final quality problem is that the resolution of the image in our record is lower. This all makes it difficult to see the people in ...
      The photograph here is scanned from a poor photocopy of the original. ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #14 Trafalgar, Glenorchy School
        Painting of Glenorchy Schoolhouse and bridge at Fourth line just below Lower Baseline. The painting represents the site in 1870. The plaque on the photo says the picture was presented by The Devlin Family in 1966. S.S. No. 14 Trafalgar, Glenorchy school was also known as Pleasant Valley School. There ...
      Painting of Glenorchy Schoolhouse and bridge at Fourth line just below Lower ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1900s1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
1910s1910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
1930s1930193119321933193419351936193719381939
1940s1940194119421943194419451946194719481949
1950s1950195119521953195419551956195719581959
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit