Oakville Images

Results

We found
11
matching items
  • School House Garden, 1917
        Working in the schoolhouse garden. Either the Palermo or Tansley schoolhouse, 1917. Clara Norton is the tallest girl in dark clothes, holding a rake or hoe, to the left of the teacher.
      Working in the schoolhouse garden. Either the Palermo or Tansley schoolhouse, 1917. ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Glenorchy School, S.S. #14 showing the shed over the well
        The Glenorchy (aka Glenorky) schoolhouse was located on the flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek on Fourth Line just below Lower Baseline Road. It was also known as "Pleasant Valley School". The building shown here is the shed protecting the well, the school building can faintly be seen behind it ...
      The Glenorchy (aka Glenorky) schoolhouse was located on the flats of the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Snider's School Opening Program, November 29, 1956
        Front Cover: Official Opening, Snider's Public School, Trafalgar Township, Thursday, November 29, 1956 Programme: 1. Senior Choir... O Canada, Mary and Martha, Hark Ye What Angel Voices 2. Junior Choir... Ships, The Lords My Shepard, Rocking 3. Triple Trio... Christmas Hymn, Whence O Shepherd Maiden 4. Autumn Leaves... A Dance ...
      Front Cover: Official Opening, Snider's Public School, Trafalgar Township, Thursday, November 29, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Munn's School, S.S. #3A, ca1904
        This photograph shows the students and teachers on the front steps of the beautiful one-room school which had been built in 1900. Daniel Munn gave the land on which the first school in the Trafalgar Township was built in 1809. (He received the 200 acre land grant of Lot 15, ...
      This photograph shows the students and teachers on the front steps of ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #10 Trafalgar aka the Little White Schoolhouse
        In 1824, a log school was built at the modern-day named intersection of Tenth Line and Britannia Roads in the former Trafalgar Township, Halton County. This area originated as part of Trafalgar Township, later amalgamated into Toronto Township, Peel County. Approximately 50 pupils, including many adults, attended when the school ...
      In 1824, a log school was built at the modern-day named intersection ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #14, Glenorchy School Children, 1930's
        The annual photograph of students attending Glenorchy School sometime in the mid to late 1930's. The schoolhouse was located on the flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek on Fourth Line just below Lower Baseline Road. It was also known as "Pleasant Valley School". In the front row right on the ...
      The annual photograph of students attending Glenorchy School sometime in the mid ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Snider's School, S.S. No. 4, Trafalgar Township
        Snider's school was first built on land owned by Ephraim Post Concession 1, Lot 6, NDS. We know S.S. #4 was in use by 1877 and the 1878 Atlas shows it right on the corner on the southwest side of Ninth Line and Burnhamthorpe Road. The 200 acre Lot 6 ...
      Snider's school was first built on land owned by Ephraim Post Concession ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. No. Sixteen Trafalgar, Sixteen School and Scholars, 1916
        Handwritten on the photo album page: below the schoolhouse photograph is written, "Sixteen School", below the lower page photo of the scholars is handwritten, "Scholars of the Sixteen School in 1916".
      Handwritten on the photo album page: below the schoolhouse photograph is written, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. No.4, Snider's School, Trafalgar Township
        First, a close-up photograph of the old one-room schoolhouse, S.S. #4, Trafalgar Township just before it was torn down for the widening of the road in 2010. Part of the old circle up near the peak of the roof above the front door can be seen, with the hand lettering ...
      First, a close-up photograph of the old one-room schoolhouse, S.S. #4, Trafalgar ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Sixteen School, S.S. #16 Trafalgar, in May 2015
        In the spring and summer of 2015, the Trafalgar Township Historical Society took on the project of photographing the historic houses from the North Service Road north to Burnhamthorpe Road, from Ninth Line west to Tremaine Road. S.S. No. 16 schoolhouse sits on the west bank of the Sixteen Mile ...
      In the spring and summer of 2015, the Trafalgar Township Historical Society ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Open house: at Palermo Schoolhouse
    Oakville Beaver, 26 Jul 2012, p. 9     ...
    Oakville Beaver, 26 Jul 2012, p. 9   ...
    Oakville Public Library
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1910s1910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
1950s1950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
2010s2010201120122013201420152016201720182019
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit