Oakville Images

Results

We found
7
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Post Barn Trafalgar Road and Dundas, 1985
    Image       The barn on the Post farm, north-east corner of Trafalgar Road and Dundas Street. Photograph taken in 1985.
    Image     The barn on the Post farm, north-east corner of Trafalgar Road and Dundas Street. Photograph taken in 1985.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Postville Farm Forum, 1953
    Image       Based on several articles about this farm association in Milton's The Canadian Champion newspaper, the Postville Farm Forum was formed in 1948 for the farming community around the intersection of Seventh Line with Highway 5, in the old Trafalgar Township. Once known as Postville, the intersection was later known as ...
    Image     Based on several articles about this farm association in Milton's The Canadian Champion newspaper, the Postville Farm Forum was formed in 1948 for the farming community around the intersection of ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Ephraim Post, the younger, 1823-1883
    Imagecomment       The Post Inn was opened by the Post family on the south-west corner of Dundas Street and 7th Line (which is now called Trafalgar Road), or on Lot 13 Concession 1 SDS, before 1827. The Inn was first run by the father of the Ephraim Post in the photograph here, ...
    Imagecomment     The Post Inn was opened by the Post family on the south-west corner of Dundas Street and 7th Line (which is now called Trafalgar Road), or on Lot 13 Concession ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • James Appelbe House. View of Trafalgar, Northwest corner of the Intersection of Trafalgar Road and Dundas Street, Trafalgar Township
    Image       A view across the fields to the farmhouse and farm buildings, on the northwest corner of the intersection of Dundas Street and Trafalgar Road. This is the James Appelbe house that is being preserved (as of 2016). The photograph is undated but the barn and outbuildings have been demolished now. ...
    Image     A view across the fields to the farmhouse and farm buildings, on the northwest corner of the intersection of Dundas Street and Trafalgar Road. This is the James Appelbe house ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Dent and Bradley Homes
    Image       The Dent and Bradley stores, looking west from the corner of Dundas (Hwy 5) and Trafalgar (7th Line), spring 1952.
    Image     The Dent and Bradley stores, looking west from the corner of Dundas (Hwy 5) and Trafalgar (7th Line), spring 1952.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • James Appelbe House, 257 Dundas Street East
    Image       This was a Designated Town of Oakville Heritage Building. The house was built in 1850 by James Appelbe who emigrated from Ireland in 1815 with his widowed mother and older brother, William. James was apprenticed to a merchant in Hamilton and later taught school. In 1831 he married Jemima (Kaitting) ...
    Image     This was a Designated Town of Oakville Heritage Building. The house was built in 1850 by James Appelbe who emigrated from Ireland in 1815 with his widowed mother and older ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 3048 Trafalgar Road, in May 2015
    Image       In the spring and summer of 2015, the Trafalgar Township Historical Society took on the project of photographing the historic houses from the North Service Road north to Burnhamthorpe Road, from Ninth Line west to Tremaine Road. 3048 Trafalgar Road is recognized by the Town of Oakville on the Register ...
    Image     In the spring and summer of 2015, the Trafalgar Township Historical Society took on the project of photographing the historic houses from the North Service Road north to Burnhamthorpe Road, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit