Oakville Images

Results

We found
16
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • 1456 Upper Middle Road, Oakville
    Image       Although not officially labelled as such, this farmhouse was on Upper Middle Road West, sitting where McCraney's Creek intersects with Upper Middle Road, just east of Third Line. Concession 2, SDS. (The street number "1456" would be too far east for Oakville, east of the intersection of Upper Middle Road ...
    Image     Although not officially labelled as such, this farmhouse was on Upper Middle Road West, sitting where McCraney's Creek intersects with Upper Middle Road, just east of Third Line. Concession 2, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 1066 Upper Middle Road West, Oakville, 1977
    Image       3 photographs of 1066 Upper Middle Road West. This farmhouse was located on the south side of Upper Middle Road, east of Third Line, east of McCraney's Creek - by Bloomfield Drive/Bishop's Gate in 2017 terms, which would be Conc. 2 SDS. To view the other photographs in this record, ...
    Image     3 photographs of 1066 Upper Middle Road West. This farmhouse was located on the south side of Upper Middle Road, east of Third Line, east of McCraney's Creek - by ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 1470 Lower Base Line, Oakville, 1991
    Image       As per the Town of Oakville Heritage Planner, 1470 Lower Base Line was the farmhouse on Con 2 NDS Lot 23. The house was constructed about 1860 and associated with T.W. Evans, born in Ireland in 1832.
    Image     As per the Town of Oakville Heritage Planner, 1470 Lower Base Line was the farmhouse on Con 2 NDS Lot 23. The house was constructed about 1860 and associated with ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 1476 Ninth Line, Oakville, 1980's
    Image       1476 Ninth Line was likely on Con 2 SDS Lot 6, on the west side of Ninth Line, just south of the Drive In, north of Upper Middle Road East, in "the Parkland" of 2017. This was close to the area of "Sheridan". To view the 2nd photograph in this ...
    Image     1476 Ninth Line was likely on Con 2 SDS Lot 6, on the west side of Ninth Line, just south of the Drive In, north of Upper Middle Road East, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 2466 Trafalgar Road, Oakville, 1977
    Image       This farmhouse was located near the intersection of Dundas Street and Trafalgar Road in Oakville, Ontario. This area was formerly known as Post's Corners, Postville and/or Trafalgar. It was on Con 1, SDS Lot 13, on the west side of Trafalgar Road just south of the creek, where in 2017, ...
    Image     This farmhouse was located near the intersection of Dundas Street and Trafalgar Road in Oakville, Ontario. This area was formerly known as Post's Corners, Postville and/or Trafalgar. It was on ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 4076 Ninth Line, Oakville, 1980's
    Image       4076 Ninth Line is on the west side of 9th Line, just north of Burnhamthorpe Road East, Oakville. The area is known as Snider's Corners. Today, it is the home of a Jehovah Witness Kingdom Hall. There are two photographs of the house in this record. To see the other ...
    Image     4076 Ninth Line is on the west side of 9th Line, just north of Burnhamthorpe Road East, Oakville. The area is known as Snider's Corners. Today, it is the home ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • St.Jude's Cemetery, Oakville, Ontario (1919)
    ImageText       Front of card: St. Jude's Cemetery, Oakville Ont. Verso: Post Card ; Place Stamp Here ; Made In Canada ; Correspondence Here ; Name And Address Here
    ImageText     Front of card: St. Jude's Cemetery, Oakville Ont. Verso: Post Card ; Place Stamp Here ; Made In Canada ; Correspondence Here ; Name And Address Here
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Westwood Public School ca1956
    ImageText       Westwood Public School (Westwood P.S.) was built at 152 Wilson Street, northwest corner of Wilson and Rebecca Streets, Oakville, in 1922 to serve the west side of the town of Oakville. Now home to the Halton K9 Lions Club. The 2nd image in this record shows the individual signatures of ...
    ImageText     Westwood Public School (Westwood P.S.) was built at 152 Wilson Street, northwest corner of Wilson and Rebecca Streets, Oakville, in 1922 to serve the west side of the town of ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Charlie's Chuckwagon Restaurant, late 1980's
    ImageText       Charlie's Chuckwagon Restaurant and gas bar was located on the north side of Dundas Street near Fourth Line in Oakville. This photograph was taken sometime in the 1980's. The restaurant was on land owned by the Ukrainian community on the east side of the Sixteen Mile Creek. It had been ...
    ImageText     Charlie's Chuckwagon Restaurant and gas bar was located on the north side of Dundas Street near Fourth Line in Oakville. This photograph was taken sometime in the 1980's. The restaurant ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Trafalgar Fire Department
    Image       Further Information: An October 1960 "Trafalgar Day Special" insert in the local newspaper, Trafalgar Journal - The Home Newspaper of Oakville and Trafalgar" has an item "Volunteer Firefighters Mark 21st Anniversary of Acton(sic) Action". The Trafalgar Township Historical Association has this print newspaper section in their archives. Information from this ...
    Image     Further Information: An October 1960 "Trafalgar Day Special" insert in the local newspaper, Trafalgar Journal - The Home Newspaper of Oakville and Trafalgar" has an item "Volunteer Firefighters Mark 21st ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Oakville Trafalgar High School in Winter
    Imagemystery       This is possibly the first student body and faculty of the Oakville Trafalgar High School in 1908. OTHS was located on Reynolds Street in the town of Oakville until 1992. As well as referring to it as "Oakville High School", it is also referred to by the acronyms, "OT" or ...
    Imagemystery     This is possibly the first student body and faculty of the Oakville Trafalgar High School in 1908. OTHS was located on Reynolds Street in the town of Oakville until 1992. ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Public Skating Rink and Dance Hall (Victoria Hall) Oakville
    ImageText       Skating Rink, Victoria Park, Oakville, Ont.
    ImageText     Skating Rink, Victoria Park, Oakville, Ont.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Teachers and Students in Front of Oakville Trafalgar High School in Winter
    Imagemystery       The teachers and students at Oakville High School. It may well be the faculty and student body when the school opened. Oakville Trafalgar High School was founded in 1908, and located on Reynolds Street in the town of Oakville until 1992. As high school students came from all over Trafalgar ...
    Imagemystery     The teachers and students at Oakville High School. It may well be the faculty and student body when the school opened. Oakville Trafalgar High School was founded in 1908, and ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • The Old Middle Road Bridge Over Bronte Creek, ca1939-1940
    ImageText       The old iron bridge, looking south from the new Merton bridge (Middle Rd.) & beneath it, the swimming hole. Circa 1939-1940 upon completion of the new QEW bridge. Lot 30 Con. 111 SDS (looking south from the road allowance, i.e. the line between Con. 11 & Con. 111.) Source, George ...
    ImageText     The old iron bridge, looking south from the new Merton bridge (Middle Rd.) & beneath it, the swimming hole. Circa 1939-1940 upon completion of the new QEW bridge. Lot 30 ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Postcard of Independent Order of Foresters Orphanage, Oakville, 1914-1943
    ImageText       Orphanage, Oakville Ont.
    ImageText     Orphanage, Oakville Ont.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • "Ab has vivid memories of Oakville’s past" written by Wilma Blokhuis, Oakville Beaver, September 17, 1975
    Text       This is the transcript of a newspaper article from the Oakville Beaver, September 17, 1975, written by Wilma Blokhuis. Full text of this newspaper is not online at time of writing this record so no link can be provided; only the transcription. There is no image with this record. In ...
    Text     This is the transcript of a newspaper article from the Oakville Beaver, September 17, 1975, written by Wilma Blokhuis. Full text of this newspaper is not online at time of ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Search within these results
Sort
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit