Oakville Images

Results

We found
22
matching items
  • Stock Turkeys on the Taylor Turkey Farm
        White breeding stock (turkeys) imported for the Taylor Turkey Farm at Lot 3, Concession 1, SDS. The photograph was taken in 1937–1938.
      White breeding stock (turkeys) imported for the Taylor Turkey Farm at Lot ...
  • Bronze Turkeys, Taylor Turkey Farm
        Bronze turkeys for the market on the Taylor family farm, taken 1937–1938. Taylor Turkey Farm at Lot 3, Concession 1, SDS.
      Bronze turkeys for the market on the Taylor family farm, taken 1937–1938. ...
  • John A. Ford
        ...
      ...
  • On The Way To Palermo United Church. (?)
  • Peacock
        ...
      ...
  • Grading Dundas Hwy.
        Using horses to smooth and maintain Dundas St.
      Using horses to smooth and maintain Dundas St.
  • Alfred Franklin Colton
        Alfred Franklin Colton, approx 1950’s. Harness horse racer in NY Rochester. Raced @ Oakville on the ice as a kid
      Alfred Franklin Colton, approx 1950’s. Harness horse racer in NY Rochester. Raced ...
  • Horse On Ford Farm
        Ford Farm, 5th Line & Lower Base Road.
      Ford Farm, 5th Line & Lower Base Road.
  • Stuart Robertson Driving a Herd of Cattle
        Picture of Stuart Robertson driving a herd of cattle to be shipped to Toronto by rail. The stock pens can be seen in the background. His first truck, (a reo) was capable of moving only a small number of cattle (1931).
      Picture of Stuart Robertson driving a herd of cattle to be shipped ...
  • Oakhurst- William Cyrus Inglehart's Barn
        W. C. Inglehart is standing behind the cows. Note the milk maids, farm hands and family members. "Oakhurst" was built by William Cyrus Inglehart in the late 1800’s. William Cyrus and his wife Eleanor (McLaren) can be seen sitting on the porch in this photograph. Their son, Herbert also farmed ...
      W. C. Inglehart is standing behind the cows. Note the milk maids, ...
  • Oakville Dairy Staff
        Oakville Dairy, belonging to S.G. Powley, at Sumner and Allen streets in Oakville. This photo was taken in 1917 or 1918. R-L; Mr. Sherman G. Powley (by the horse) ?, ?, Smallest boy is Warren Powley, and next to him his mother Mrs. Elishia Powley.
      Oakville Dairy, belonging to S.G. Powley, at Sumner and Allen streets in ...
  • Egresits Farm
        “We moved to 3091 9th line in 1967 with Mom, Dad, and 5 other siblings. We had beef cattle, horses, pigs, chickens. I remember doing the chores before school, coming home, doing the barn chores, and going out to the fields. Over the years the fields became smaller with the ...
      “We moved to 3091 9th line in 1967 with Mom, Dad, and ...
  • Mr. Herbert Inglehart and His Imported Scotch Bull
        The family lived at "Oakhurst", their farm on the southwest corner of Upper Middle Road and Bronte Road. The house had been built by Herbert's parents, William Cyrus and Eleanor (McLaren) in the late 1800s.
      The family lived at "Oakhurst", their farm on the southwest corner of ...
  • Victor Wilson With Colt at Sheridan, 1913.
        Christopher Wilson and his son, Christopher Wilson, came to Sheridan in 1829. The father left for London, Ontario but the son and his wife, Elizabeth (Clark) had two sons who also farmed in the area; John on the Town Line and Richard on the homestead at Sheridan. They were related ...
      Christopher Wilson and his son, Christopher Wilson, came to Sheridan in 1829. ...
  • John A. Ford with Molly
        ...
      ...
  • John A. Ford with Molly
        ...
      ...
  • Oakville Dairy Cart, 1917
        The Oakville Dairy delivered milk to Oakville residents, and was operated by Sherman G. Powley.
      The Oakville Dairy delivered milk to Oakville residents, and was operated by ...
  • Isobel & Hank Ford With Two Collies
        Isobel Davison says, "One of these dogs was a pet named Gyp. The other was a working herd dog, simply called “Collie”. The dogs brought in the cows each night at 5 pm. All you had to say was “Go and get the cows, Collie”, and the dog would run ...
      Isobel Davison says, "One of these dogs was a pet named Gyp. ...
  • Glenorchy Bridge, Circa 1900
        The bridge at Glenorchy crossed an arm of the Sixteen Mile Creek at 4th Line just below the Lower Baseline Rd., Halton County. The site is particularly remembered for the old school which had been built nearby in the river floodplain - people remember the river ice pushing up against ...
      The bridge at Glenorchy crossed an arm of the Sixteen Mile Creek ...
  • A Few of the Money Makers at the Walker House Farm, Oakville & Toronto
        Postcard featuring an image of some livestock at the Walker House Farm. Date of postcard is unknown.
      Postcard featuring an image of some livestock at the Walker House Farm. ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1900s1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
1960s1960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
2010s2010201120122013201420152016201720182019
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit