Oakville Images

Results

We found
103
matching items
  • Location of the farm of Jacob Colton
        This house still stands at Lot 17 NDS Munn's Corners where Jacob Colton first settled in 1882.
      This house still stands at Lot 17 NDS Munn's Corners where Jacob ...
  • Knox Presbyterian Church picnic, Oakville, to Miles Farm, July 6, 1932.
  • Heavan Farm
        Arthur George Heavan's farm lot 6 conc. 1, Boyne Ontario.
      Arthur George Heavan's farm lot 6 conc. 1, Boyne Ontario.
  • Sprucedale Farm, Home Of John Dixon Sr.
        farmhouse
      farmhouse
  • History of Elmbank Farms owned by Tovell Bros.
        Tovell farm in the winter. For more information, please see the booklet donated along with these images. Scans of this booklet can be found by entering "Century Old Home" into the search field.
      Tovell farm in the winter. For more information, please see the booklet ...
  • Full Text of "Century Old Home- Elmbank Farm, Tovell Brothers" with Photographs, by Margaret Joubert, MAC, 1969
        Written by hand beside the top photograph: The old Buck Homestead, Dundas St. The little old part is the origin[al] home of 1805. The last of the pioneer apple trees in the great orchard. Hand written underneath the bottom photograph: the Present Tovell Farm.
      Written by hand beside the top photograph: The old Buck Homestead, Dundas ...
  • Mary and Muriel Powell, ca1924
        This photograph shows the two daughters of Frank (also called Ron) and Ruth Powell in about 1924. The girls on on their hobby horses; Mary's was called "Dobbin". They are in front of their farmhouse. At their marriage in 1919, Ruth and Frank had bought the "old Caverhill farm" which ...
      This photograph shows the two daughters of Frank (also called Ron) and ...
  • The Allan Dixon Family
        The Allan Dixon family farmed lot 10, concession 1, NDS Trafalgar Township. This is on the north-east corner of Britannia Road, at Walker's Line. This location is on the north edge of dramatic Mount Nemo, part of the Niagara Escarpment and the Natural Heritage Network. The barn and the farmhouse ...
      The Allan Dixon family farmed lot 10, concession 1, NDS Trafalgar Township. ...
  • Well Digging, Shillum Farm, 1953
        Information for this record is taken from the book Wayne Shillum has written, citation in the notes below here. Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in 1950. ...
      Information for this record is taken from the book Wayne Shillum has ...
  • Arthur George Heavan's farm.
        Arthur George Heavan's farm, Boyne Ont. lot 6 Concession 1. Pictured are Charlotte and herbert Heavan, C 1898.
      Arthur George Heavan's farm, Boyne Ont. lot 6 Concession 1. Pictured are ...
  • Century Old Home - Elmbank Farm, Tovell Brothers, page 3 of 5. By Margaret Joubert, MAC, 1969
        This is a transcript of the text on this page 3: Construction of the Home The house itself is a traditional Georgian style of home. It has an area of approximately 30’ x 40’, with a storage room of 12’ x 15’. It is a timber construction home. Prior to ...
      This is a transcript of the text on this page 3: Construction ...
  • Century Old Home- Elmbank Farm, Tovell Brothers, page 4 of 5.
Margaret Joubert, MAC, 1969
        This is a transcript of the text on this page: The original home appeared even more Georgian in influence than the existing home although it does have a very Georgian appearance outside. The initial home had a large central hall which was harmonious with the idea that the home was ...
      This is a transcript of the text on this page: The original ...
  • Century Old Home - Elmbank Farm, Tovell Brothers, page 5 of 5.  By Margaret Joubert, MAC, 1969
        This is a transcript of the text on page 5: Georgian Influences. I would like to turn my attention now to the various items of the Tovell home which prompted me to classify it as Georgian. To begin with, the rectangular planning and gable roof of this two storey house ...
      This is a transcript of the text on page 5: Georgian Influences. ...
  • Wilbert Henry Biggar, 1887
        This photograph was likely taken on the occasion of Wilbert's christening. Wilbert's parents farmed the land originally settled by his grandfather, Michael L. Bigger. This was Lot 15, Concession 2 NDS Trafalgar Township, running north from Burnhamthorpe Road on the east side of 6th Line. In 1898, his parents, Albert ...
      This photograph was likely taken on the occasion of Wilbert's christening. Wilbert's ...
  • Clara Biggar with Her Grandpa, Michael Biggar
        Clara and her Grandfather, Michael L. Biggar, standing in front of the lovely home her parents built on the Glenclare Farm in 1898. Clara Biggar trained and worked as a nurse. Albert, son of Michael and Belinda, and his wife, Hetty, built the lovely house shown in this record in ...
      Clara and her Grandfather, Michael L. Biggar, standing in front of the ...
  • Barn at 273 Burnhamthorpe Road East, Oakville
        This barn is on the Oakville farm on Lot 2 NDS Con. 13 or 273 Burnhamthorpe Road East. It is immediately west of Ren's Pet Depot on the corner at Trafalgar Road and Burnhamthorpe, and you can see the Town of Oakville water tower on the property. The oldest house ...
      This barn is on the Oakville farm on Lot 2 NDS Con. ...
  • Glenclare Farm, Built 1898
        Michael L. Bigger is shown on the 1859 Tremaine Map of Halton County as owning the property, Lot 15, Concession 2 NDS Trafalgar Township, running north from Burnhamthorpe Road on the east side of 6th Line. Albert, son of Michael and Belinda, and his wife, Hettie, built the lovely house ...
      Michael L. Bigger is shown on the 1859 Tremaine Map of Halton ...
  • Denzil Lawrence, 1920-1999
        Denzil Featherstone Lawrence, shown on the newly built side porch of "Lawrendale", his family farm at the southeast half of Lot 6 1st Concession New Survey Trafalgar Township (100 acres), also known as 1510 Bronte Street South, Milton. This house was built in 1849. In 1941, Nelson Daniel Lawrence and ...
      Denzil Featherstone Lawrence, shown on the newly built side porch of "Lawrendale", ...
  • Saunders Property, 7th Line, Just Above Derry Rd.
        An aerial photograph of the Saunders property in the former settlement of Agerton. The house was destroyed in 1972 for the widening of Trafalgar Road (7th Line). Note the beehives behind the house. The 1901 Census lists George E. Saunders as an apiarist. In early days, the house was an ...
      An aerial photograph of the Saunders property in the former settlement of ...
  • Cecil Norton with Son Grant on Fordson Tractor
        Linked here is a photograph of the family house and the story of the start of the bus line operated and owned by the family. The Halton District School Board honoured Cecil by naming the school nearby the old house after him. "C. H. Norton Public School was named for ...
      Linked here is a photograph of the family house and the story ...
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
Item Types
Years
1890s1890189118921893189418951896189718981899
1900s1900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
1920s1920192119221923192419251926192719281929
1930s1930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
1950s1950195119521953195419551956195719581959
1960s1960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
1980s1980198119821983198419851986198719881989
1990s1990199119921993199419951996199719981999
2000s2000200120022003200420052006200720082009
2010s2010201120122013201420152016201720182019
Features
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit