Oakville Images

Results

We found
14
matching items
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Bethel United Church
    Image       Bethel Church. Built in year 1914. Donated by A.G. McNabb 1953
    Image     Bethel Church. Built in year 1914. Donated by A.G. McNabb 1953
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Barn on Picket Farm, 1988
    Image       Barn on the Picket farm, north of Eglinton in Drumquin, Trafalgar Township. Photograph taken in 1988.
    Image     Barn on the Picket farm, north of Eglinton in Drumquin, Trafalgar Township. Photograph taken in 1988.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Ruth Brownridge, Lillian Brownridge, Teachers at Percy W. Merry Public School, 1950's
    Image       Percy W. Merry, or "P.W. Merry" as it was sometimes called, accommodated children from kindergarten to Grade Eight. In 1958, a number of one-room schools in Halton County were closed and the children bussed to Percy W. Merry Public School at Drumquin. Lillian, on the left, and Ruth, on the ...
    Image     Percy W. Merry, or "P.W. Merry" as it was sometimes called, accommodated children from kindergarten to Grade Eight. In 1958, a number of one-room schools in Halton County were closed ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Joseph and Ann (Bailey) Hall, Drumquin
    ImageText       For a month in 1885, the Hall family of Joe and Ann entertained four young visitors from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Twins Alice and James Bown, their older sister, Jennie and their cousin, James Bailey, were greeted at the Oakville train station by their cousin Joe (junior) Hall, and driven to be ...
    ImageText     For a month in 1885, the Hall family of Joe and Ann entertained four young visitors from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Twins Alice and James Bown, their older sister, Jennie and their ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • The Ball Brothers Farm
    ImageText       Ball Bros Farm. Drive shed and old milk house. Winter 1972.
    ImageText     Ball Bros Farm. Drive shed and old milk house. Winter 1972.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Students At Coyne, Circa 1950
    Image       Coyne Public School was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin, in Halton County. The original school, a log building, was built in the woods at the northern end of the Bethel Church shed on the high bank of the ...
    Image     Coyne Public School was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin, in Halton County. The original school, a log building, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Percy W. Merry School, Grade 4, 1967-68
    Image       Bottom to top: Front row, 3rd from left is Bob Peters. 2nd row far right is Bonnie Douglas. 3rd row, 5th person from left is David Hadfield,7th is Glen Plant, far right is Tommy Marchment (Marchment Welding). Back row, 6th over is Harold Wagner, Teacher is Ms. Cherrington. In Bob's ...
    Image     Bottom to top: Front row, 3rd from left is Bob Peters. 2nd row far right is Bonnie Douglas. 3rd row, 5th person from left is David Hadfield,7th is Glen Plant, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • "Adventures of the American Four Among the Pine Stumps of Canada", 1885 Diary of Visit to the Hall Family, Drumquin
    ImageText       For the month of September 1885, four young Americans came to Drumquin to visit their Hall family relatives. James Fremont Bailey kept a journal of their visit, recording their activities, the people they met and providing us with a wonderful glimpse into the daily as well as social life of ...
    ImageText     For the month of September 1885, four young Americans came to Drumquin to visit their Hall family relatives. James Fremont Bailey kept a journal of their visit, recording their activities, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Bethel United Church
    Image       The following information is taken, in part, from the book, "Mrs. Merry's Memories" from a series of taped interviews by Lou Bradley, edited by Deborah Quaile, published by the Milton Historical Society, c2002. It is also from the note by longtime church member and historian, Ross Wark, in the Winter ...
    Image     The following information is taken, in part, from the book, "Mrs. Merry's Memories" from a series of taped interviews by Lou Bradley, edited by Deborah Quaile, published by the Milton ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Coyne School Picnic
    Image       Coyne Public School, S.S. #9, was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin, in Halton County. The original school, a log building, was built in the woods at the northern end of the Bethel Church shed on the high bank ...
    Image     Coyne Public School, S.S. #9, was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin, in Halton County. The original school, a ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • "The American Four" Who Visited The Hall Farm, Drumquin, in 1885
    ImageText       For the month of September 1885, four young Americans came to Drumquin to visit their Hall family relatives. James Fremont Bailey kept a journal of their visit, recording their activities in great detail, the people they met and providing us with a wonderful glimpse into the daily as well as ...
    ImageText     For the month of September 1885, four young Americans came to Drumquin to visit their Hall family relatives. James Fremont Bailey kept a journal of their visit, recording their activities ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Percy W. Merry Public School, Grade 1, 1968/69
    Image       Percy W. Merry, or "P.W. Merry" as it was sometimes called, accommodated children from kindergarten to Grade Eight. In 1958, a number of one-room schools in Halton County were closed and the children bussed to Percy W. Merry Public School at 263 Britannia Rd. E., just west of Trafalgar Road, ...
    Image     Percy W. Merry, or "P.W. Merry" as it was sometimes called, accommodated children from kindergarten to Grade Eight. In 1958, a number of one-room schools in Halton County were closed ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Coyne School 1950-51, Grades 6 & 7.
    Image       Grade 6 & 7 at Coyne's School in 1951. Coyne Public School, S.S. #9, was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin, in Halton County. The original school, a log building, was built in the woods at the northern end ...
    Image     Grade 6 & 7 at Coyne's School in 1951. Coyne Public School, S.S. #9, was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Coyne Public School, S.S. #9
    Image       Coyne Public School was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin in Halton County. Pictured here is Mrs. Ruth Brownridge who taught all 8 grades for many years, and her students. The original school, a log building, was built in ...
    Image     Coyne Public School was located at the northwest corner of Lower Base Line and 7th Line (now Trafalgar Road), below Drumquin in Halton County. Pictured here is Mrs. Ruth Brownridge ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit