Oakville Images

Results

We found
75
matching items
Creative Commons
no
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • 1958 Blaze Leaves 11 Palermo People Homeless Just Before Christmas
    ImageText       PALERMO - Eleven persons were left homeless here yesterday when fire razed a two-storey frame duplex causing loss estimated at more than $15,000. Two new Canadian families escaped uninjured but with only the clothes they were wearing when flames belived to have originated in a defective chimney destroyed the building. ...
    ImageText     PALERMO - Eleven persons were left homeless here yesterday when fire razed a two-storey frame duplex causing loss estimated at more than $15,000. Two new Canadian families escaped uninjured but ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 2467 Bronte Road, Oakville, Ontario
    Image       Two photographs taken sometime in the 1970's on the city street outside 2467 Old Bronte Road, south of Dundas Street in Palermo, Oakville. They show the two lane road line with big maple trees. Click on "Pages" "Select" to see the 2nd image. You can see the old frame house ...
    Image     Two photographs taken sometime in the 1970's on the city street outside 2467 Old Bronte Road, south of Dundas Street in Palermo, Oakville. They show the two lane road line ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Full Text of "Century Old Home- Elmbank Farm, Tovell Brothers" with Photographs, by Margaret Joubert, MAC, 1969
    ImageText       Written by hand beside the top photograph: The old Buck Homestead, Dundas St. The little old part is the origin[al] home of 1805. The last of the pioneer apple trees in the great orchard. Hand written underneath the bottom photograph: the Present Tovell Farm.
    ImageText     Written by hand beside the top photograph: The old Buck Homestead, Dundas St. The little old part is the origin[al] home of 1805. The last of the pioneer apple trees ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • George Neil Fox
    Image       George was a son of William Henry Fox and Hanna Sargant. In 1911, Billy and Hanna purchased a farm at Palermo. George and Beatrice also raised their family in Palermo after their marriage on January 10, 1912.
    Image     George was a son of William Henry Fox and Hanna Sargant. In 1911, Billy and Hanna purchased a farm at Palermo. George and Beatrice also raised their family in Palermo ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Palermo United Church, Junior Choir
    ImageText       PALERMO VOCALISTS-The junior choir of the Palermo United church, with the pastor and Mrs. Facey, and its leaders, Mrs. E. Darlington and Mrs. G. S. Wood. The junior choir was organized last January by Mrs. E. Darlington and Mrs. G. S. Wood, and since then has rendered invaluable assistance in ...
    ImageText     PALERMO VOCALISTS-The junior choir of the Palermo United church, with the pastor and Mrs. Facey, and its leaders, Mrs. E. Darlington and Mrs. G. S. Wood. The junior choir was ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Palermo Postcard to "Smitty", Norine Smith
    ImageText       Front of card: Gee! It's Lonesome here in Palermo Ontario Canada When are you coming back? Verso of card: No. 2325, 16 des sentimental kid pennant ; Post card for correspondence ; made in USA ; place stamp here. Post Mark: Palermo Oct 15 50 Ont. Addressed to: Miss Norine ...
    ImageText     Front of card: Gee! It's Lonesome here in Palermo Ontario Canada When are you coming back? Verso of card: No. 2325, 16 des sentimental kid pennant ; Post card for ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • "We Learn Together" Palermo Public School Award Crest
    ImageText       We learn together Palermo
    ImageText     We learn together Palermo
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Jonathan Hager House, Palermo, 2007
    Image       A clear view of the house, photographed in 2007. This house was built on Lot 31, Concession 1, located on the north side of Dundas Street West, west of Old Bronte Road. It was one removed from the corner at the northwest corner of this intersection. The street address was ...
    Image     A clear view of the house, photographed in 2007. This house was built on Lot 31, Concession 1, located on the north side of Dundas Street West, west of Old ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Shillum Dairy Farm, Wayne and Brian Shillum with Bill and Mrs. Taylor
    Image       Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in 1950. There, on "Rosemar Farms", they raised their three boys, Bob, Wayne and Brian. Robert Sr. was a sales representative ...
    Image     Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Brian Shillum, Mrs. Taylor and Wayne Shillum, Early 1950's
    Image       Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in 1950. There, on Rosemar Farms, they raised their three boys, Bob, Wayne and Brian. Robert Sr. was a sales representative ...
    Image     Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Well Digging, Shillum Farm, 1953
    Image       Information for this record is taken from the book Wayne Shillum has written, citation in the notes below here. Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in 1950. ...
    Image     Information for this record is taken from the book Wayne Shillum has written, citation in the notes below here. Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Shillum Dairy Farm, 1950's
    Image       Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in 1950. They named their property Rosemar Farms. This photograph shows an old Department of Highways truck that was adapted for ...
    Image     Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Special Report of Palermo Sidewalk Commmissioners for 1910
    Image       Handwritten on the cover in pencil: Miss Book. Handwritten in ink on page 3 entitled "Cash Subscribed" after the donor identified as "A Friend" is the name, "Dr. Book".
    Image     Handwritten on the cover in pencil: Miss Book. Handwritten in ink on page 3 entitled "Cash Subscribed" after the donor identified as "A Friend" is the name, "Dr. Book".
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Probate of Last Will and Testament of James Hopper, Trafalgar, 1854
    ImageText       The two page probate of the last will and testament of James Hopper, Trafalgar, 1854 with the first record image being the mailing envelope. As per the envelope, it was mailed to Mr. Jonathan Book, Palermo P.O. C.W. It was mailed at Hamilton in 1854. (C.W. stood for "Canada West".) ...
    ImageText     The two page probate of the last will and testament of James Hopper, Trafalgar, 1854 with the first record image being the mailing envelope. As per the envelope, it was ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Amy Merry, Gladys Speers, Dorothy Irwin
    Image       A photograph taken by Denzil Lawrence, school board trustee for Trafalgar Township in the 1950s and 1960s. This photograph was taken at the 25th wedding anniversary dinner for Ken and Ella Giles in 1950. There are 3 other photographs taken at this time by Mr. Lawrence, now in the TTHS ...
    Image     A photograph taken by Denzil Lawrence, school board trustee for Trafalgar Township in the 1950s and 1960s. This photograph was taken at the 25th wedding anniversary dinner for Ken and ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Ken and Ella Giles, 25th Wedding Anniversary Dinner
    Image       Ken and Ella Giles at their 25th wedding anniversary dinner. They married in June 1928. A photograph taken by Denzil Lawrence, school board trustee for Trafalgar Township in the 1950s and 1960s. It is one of 3 others in the TTHS internet collection taken by Mr. Lawrence that night. The ...
    Image     Ken and Ella Giles at their 25th wedding anniversary dinner. They married in June 1928. A photograph taken by Denzil Lawrence, school board trustee for Trafalgar Township in the 1950s ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Mrs. Ernest Henderson, Life Membership Certificate, Palermo Women's Institute, 1953
    ImageText       Ontario Women's Institute ; Life Membership Certificate ; This is to certify that Mrs. Ernest Henderson has been granted Life Membership in the Palermo Women's Institute. This certificate has been granted in recognition of much appreciated service. Date: May 25, 1953. This life membership is transferable to any Women's Institute ...
    ImageText     Ontario Women's Institute ; Life Membership Certificate ; This is to certify that Mrs. Ernest Henderson has been granted Life Membership in the Palermo Women's Institute. This certificate has been ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • The Wilson House, Old Bronte Road, Palermo
    Image       Harry Wilson and Wilma Henderson married on February 21, 1943 in Toronto. At the time, Harry was an aircraftman in the R.C.A.F. They lived in Palermo on what is now Old Bronte Road, Oakville, Ontario. Their house was built by Wilma's father, Ernest Henderson, who was a building contractor by ...
    Image     Harry Wilson and Wilma Henderson married on February 21, 1943 in Toronto. At the time, Harry was an aircraftman in the R.C.A.F. They lived in Palermo on what is now ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Family of Harry and Wilma Wilson, ca1956
    Image       Harry Wilson and Wilma Henderson married on February 21, 1943 in Toronto. At the time, Harry was an aircraftman in the R.C.A.F. They lived in Palermo on what is now Old Bronte Road. Their house was built by Wilma's father, Ernest and his brother Harry Henderson. Ernest was a building ...
    Image     Harry Wilson and Wilma Henderson married on February 21, 1943 in Toronto. At the time, Harry was an aircraftman in the R.C.A.F. They lived in Palermo on what is now ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 3069 Dundas Street West, c1992
    Image       This farmhouse was photographed for the Town of Oakville in 1992. It was likely located on Lot 31, Conc.1 NDS Trafalgar Township, or in today's terms, on the north side of Dundas Street, west of Bronte Road, just before Valleyridge Drive in the old village of Palermo, now Oakville, Ontario. ...
    Image     This farmhouse was photographed for the Town of Oakville in 1992. It was likely located on Lot 31, Conc.1 NDS Trafalgar Township, or in today's terms, on the north side ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Years
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
19601960196119621963196419651966196719681969
19701970197119721973197419751976197719781979
19801980198119821983198419851986198719881989
19901990199119921993199419951996199719981999
20002000200120022003200420052006200720082009
20102010201120122013201420152016201720182019
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit