Oakville Images

Results

We found
15
matching items
Creative Commons
no
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Mount Pleasant Methodist Cemetery, Merton, 1999
    ImageText       A 1999 photograph of the cemetery of the old Methodist church in the vanished community of Merton in the former Trafalgar Township. At its height, the community of Merton had about 50 buildings including a school, a blacksmith shop, post office, sawmill, gristmill, coal merchant, hotel and stagecoach stop, railway ...
    ImageText     A 1999 photograph of the cemetery of the old Methodist church in the vanished community of Merton in the former Trafalgar Township. At its height, the community of Merton had ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Merton Public School, 1942-43
    ImageText       In 1942-43, the school at Palermo was under construction. Children who normally would have gone to S.S. 2, Palermo, were sent to Merton school during the construction. Mildred Irene Jamieson, from Trail Farm in Palermo, was one of the children who "commuted" to Merton, she was about 10 years old ...
    ImageText     In 1942-43, the school at Palermo was under construction. Children who normally would have gone to S.S. 2, Palermo, were sent to Merton school during the construction. Mildred Irene Jamieson, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • View of Bronte Creek from "Woodlands", 1242 Bronte Road, ca1935
    Image       One of several photographs in the digital collection of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society taken by George S. Atkins, of the Bronte Creek valley below his house property at 1242 Bronte Road in about 1935. As per the Town of Oakville Heritage Structure Report, the first property owner "James White ...
    Image     One of several photographs in the digital collection of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society taken by George S. Atkins, of the Bronte Creek valley below his house property at 1242 ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • The Old Middle Road Bridge with the New Queen Elizabeth Way Highway Over Bronte Creek
    ImageText       If you look at the "Full" version of this photograph, you can see the Queen Elizabeth Way bridge spanning Twelve Mile Creek (Bronte Creek) near the upper right corner. The bridge in the foreground is the former roadway known as the "Middle Road" across the Creek. For the most part, ...
    ImageText     If you look at the "Full" version of this photograph, you can see the Queen Elizabeth Way bridge spanning Twelve Mile Creek (Bronte Creek) near the upper right corner. The ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Wedding Photograph of Alice Breckon and Horace Wrinch, 1900
    Image       A photograph of Horace Wrinch and Alice Breckon on their wedding day, June 16, 1900. They married at the farm of Alice's brother, H.C. Breckon, at his farm in Merton, a former village in the Bronte area of Trafalgar Township, now Oakville, Ontario. The farm was called "Spruce Lawn". The ...
    Image     A photograph of Horace Wrinch and Alice Breckon on their wedding day, June 16, 1900. They married at the farm of Alice's brother, H.C. Breckon, at his farm in Merton, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Alice Breckon with Wrinch Family Members
    Image       Alice J. Breckon is seated in the centre of some of the brothers and sisters of her fiance, Horace. Mary Wrinch, who became an artist of some renown, is standing. Seated on the right of Alice is Marion Agnes Wrinch. Below her, seated cross-legged is Warwick; he became a businessman ...
    Image     Alice J. Breckon is seated in the centre of some of the brothers and sisters of her fiance, Horace. Mary Wrinch, who became an artist of some renown, is standing. ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Painting of Merton School, S.S. #15
    ImageText       Looks like the painting signature is Tolatter 1938
    ImageText     Looks like the painting signature is Tolatter 1938
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Victoria Academy, Merton, 1896 (S.S. #15, Merton, Halton County)
    ImageTextmystery       The back of this photograph is most interesting because someone has written all the names of the people in the photo and they have also written, "Attendants of Victoria Academy - 1896. Merton - County of Halton". This is the same building as S.S. #15, Merton, as evidenced in other ...
    ImageTextmystery     The back of this photograph is most interesting because someone has written all the names of the people in the photo and they have also written, "Attendants of Victoria Academy ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • S.S. #15, Merton P.S., Undated
    ImageText       Merton school was first a log building. A brick one, S.S.#15, was built in 1857 that was later demolished to make way for the Queen Elizabeth Way, and a third school was built in 1923 that closed in 1958 when the new Palermo Public School on Old Bronte Road was ...
    ImageText     Merton school was first a log building. A brick one, S.S.#15, was built in 1857 that was later demolished to make way for the Queen Elizabeth Way, and a third ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Merton School To Fall Victim of "Progress", Closed June 1958
    Image       This is the written article from the full page clipping: "No Permanence Any More" Says Long-Time Resident. Another landmark of this area is soon to fall the victim of progress. Though the present Merton Public School building is only a replacement for the original building, its demolition to make way ...
    Image     This is the written article from the full page clipping: "No Permanence Any More" Says Long-Time Resident. Another landmark of this area is soon to fall the victim of progress. ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • "Oakhurst", Inglehart House, 1470 Bronte Road
    Imagecomment       Two photographs of "Oakhurst", built by and home of the Inglehart family since the late 1800s, as photographed in about 2009. The second photograph shows the old barn. The silo was built of lakestone. In the Historical Atlas of Halton County, 1877, William Cyrus was at Con. (NDS) 2 Lot ...
    Imagecomment     Two photographs of "Oakhurst", built by and home of the Inglehart family since the late 1800s, as photographed in about 2009. The second photograph shows the old barn. The silo ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • View of Bronte Creek from "Woodlands", 1242 Bronte Road, ca1935
    ImageText       Circa 1935 Woodlands Ravine
    ImageText     Circa 1935 Woodlands Ravine
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Demolition of the Twelve Mile Creek Train Bridge in 1947
    Image       A view of the old iron trestle train bridge crossing Bronte Creek (aka Twelve Mile Creek) just south of the Queen Elizabeth Way in the southwest corner of Oakville, Ontario. This photo was taken in October 1947. The new Queen Elizabeth Way high-level bridge can be faintly seen in the ...
    Image     A view of the old iron trestle train bridge crossing Bronte Creek (aka Twelve Mile Creek) just south of the Queen Elizabeth Way in the southwest corner of Oakville, Ontario. ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • The Results of Fertilizer Experimentation on the Riggs Farm Mangel Field Carried Out by Jno Riggs, Merton, Ontario
    Image       Left-Hand Picture: "Experiment on mangels conducted by Jno Riggs Esq Merton Ont. Yield per acre 637 bushels." Right-Hand Picture: ""Experiment on mangels conducted by Jno Riggs Esq Merton Ont. Yield per acre=1052 bushels."
    Image     Left-Hand Picture: "Experiment on mangels conducted by Jno Riggs Esq Merton Ont. Yield per acre 637 bushels." Right-Hand Picture: ""Experiment on mangels conducted by Jno Riggs Esq Merton Ont. Yield ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • The Old Middle Road Bridge Over Bronte Creek, ca1939-1940
    ImageText       The old iron bridge, looking south from the new Merton bridge (Middle Rd.) & beneath it, the swimming hole. Circa 1939-1940 upon completion of the new QEW bridge. Lot 30 Con. 111 SDS (looking south from the road allowance, i.e. the line between Con. 11 & Con. 111.) Source, George ...
    ImageText     The old iron bridge, looking south from the new Merton bridge (Middle Rd.) & beneath it, the swimming hole. Circa 1939-1940 upon completion of the new QEW bridge. Lot 30 ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit