Oakville Images

Results

We found
10
matching items
Creative Commons
no
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Halton County Council, 1948
    ImageText       Halton County Council, 1948
    ImageText     Halton County Council, 1948
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Wilbert and Clara Biggar
    Image       The parents of Wilbert and Clara Biggar were Hettie and Albert who were married on January 17, 1883 in the Methodist Church at Munn's Corners, Trafalgar Township, Halton County. In 1898, Albert and Hettie built the lovely brick house on the family farm property, Lot 15, Concession 2 NDS Trafalgar ...
    Image     The parents of Wilbert and Clara Biggar were Hettie and Albert who were married on January 17, 1883 in the Methodist Church at Munn's Corners, Trafalgar Township, Halton County. In ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 1901-1954 50th Anniversary Historical Review Halton District Women's Institute
    ImageText       The first Women's Institute was organized in Stoney Creek in 1897. Mrs. Adelaide Hoodless was the inspiration and the motto was "For Home and Country". This 50th Anniversary pamphlet gives a history of the Halton District Women's Institute as well as inauguration information about local branches. It was the Palermo ...
    ImageText     The first Women's Institute was organized in Stoney Creek in 1897. Mrs. Adelaide Hoodless was the inspiration and the motto was "For Home and Country". This 50th Anniversary pamphlet gives ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • NE Corner Britannia & Bronte, Halton County, in May 2015
    Image       Two photographs of the building on the north-east corner of Britannia Road and Bronte Road, Milton, Ontario. Halton Region is expanding Bronte Road, RR 25, to be 4 lanes up to Britannia Road, and Britannia is also being improved as a transportation corridor. Click on "Select" "Pages" to see the ...
    Image     Two photographs of the building on the north-east corner of Britannia Road and Bronte Road, Milton, Ontario. Halton Region is expanding Bronte Road, RR 25, to be 4 lanes up ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Reeve Biggar 1950
    ImageText       Wilbert H. Biggar, Reeve of Trafalgar, speaking at the opening of a new addition to the Oakville Trafalgar Highschool in 1950. Wilbert retired as Trafalgar Reeve at the end of 1950 according to a December 14, 1950 article in the Acton Free Press. The Oakville Highschool was located on Reynolds ...
    ImageText     Wilbert H. Biggar, Reeve of Trafalgar, speaking at the opening of a new addition to the Oakville Trafalgar Highschool in 1950. Wilbert retired as Trafalgar Reeve at the end of ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Palermo Public School, 1967-1968, A.M. Kindergarten Class
    ImageText       Palermo Public School KGN. AM RM.4 1967-68
    ImageText     Palermo Public School KGN. AM RM.4 1967-68
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 1880-81 Wesleyan Female College Annual Catalogue
    TextImage       This catalogue for the Wesleyan Female College showing the students enrolled, past graduates and the curriculum for the young ladies is part of the Bigger/Munn family collections. Miss Henrietta E. Munn, as she is listed in the catalogue, was studying at the school in the 1880-81 session. The following young ...
    TextImage     This catalogue for the Wesleyan Female College showing the students enrolled, past graduates and the curriculum for the young ladies is part of the Bigger/Munn family collections. Miss Henrietta E. ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Ethel and Wilbert Biggar Going to Reeve's Convention
    ImageText       Wilbert Henry Biggar was a Halton County Council Reeve. His father, Michael L. Bigger had been the Deputy Reeve - Oakville on the Halton County Council earlier in 1890-1891. This photograph is undated but documents show Wilbert was Reeve in the 1940s, and likely through the 1950's.
    ImageText     Wilbert Henry Biggar was a Halton County Council Reeve. His father, Michael L. Bigger had been the Deputy Reeve - Oakville on the Halton County Council earlier in 1890-1891. This ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 2002 Aerial Photographs of the Sixteen Mile Creek At Dundas Street
    Image       The main photograph looks north up the 16 Mile Creek, showing the bridge across Dundas Street. You can see the lane to Knox Sixteen Presebyterian Church and down to the Lions Park on the southeast side of the bridge. At the time, development had just started on the east side ...
    Image     The main photograph looks north up the 16 Mile Creek, showing the bridge across Dundas Street. You can see the lane to Knox Sixteen Presebyterian Church and down to the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Painting of Harvey Morris Switzer by F.M. Bell Smith
    ImageText       Harvey Switzer, Captain and Paymaster in the 20th Halton Battalion, the volunteer militia of Halton County. For more information about Harvey Switzer, his life and family, click on the link under the image in this record. The artist was Frederic Marlett Bell Smith. The internet sometimes has his surname as ...
    ImageText     Harvey Switzer, Captain and Paymaster in the 20th Halton Battalion, the volunteer militia of Halton County. For more information about Harvey Switzer, his life and family, click on the link ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit