Oakville Images

Results

We found
18
matching items
Comments:
Yes
Creative Commons
no
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Gordon E. Perdue High School History 1962-1982
    TextImagecomment       In 1961, construction of this school was underway. Coincidentally, Prince Philip announced the need for a massive expansion of high school tecnical education and Canada responded with the Federal-Provincial Technical and Vocational Training Agreement with substantial grants for the composite academic, commercial and technical educational facilities. The Oakville Board was ...
    TextImagecomment     In 1961, construction of this school was underway. Coincidentally, Prince Philip announced the need for a massive expansion of high school tecnical education and Canada responded with the Federal-Provincial Technical ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Sheridan United Church, 1630 Winston Churchill Boulevard, Oakville, 1980's
    Imagecomment       The first church building at Sheridan was built about 1826 on Lot 1, Con. 2, SDS, on the Lawrence farm. It faced east to the Town Line (Winston Churchill Boulevard today), just south of Upper Middle Road which is today the Queen Elizabeth Way and service roads. The congregation was ...
    Imagecomment     The first church building at Sheridan was built about 1826 on Lot 1, Con. 2, SDS, on the Lawrence farm. It faced east to the Town Line (Winston Churchill Boulevard ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Harvey Morris Switzer, Postmaster, Magistrate, Commissioner Paymaster of the 20th Halton Rifles
    Imagecomment       Mr. Switzer is holding a pamphlet titled "Boston Maine...", possibly reflecting a connection with the Boston Maine Railroad owned by the Boston and Maine Corporation, chartered in New Hampshire in 1839 according to Wikipedia.
    Imagecomment     Mr. Switzer is holding a pamphlet titled "Boston Maine...", possibly reflecting a connection with the Boston Maine Railroad owned by the Boston and Maine Corporation, chartered in New Hampshire in ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Palermo Hall Receipts and Expenditures
    ImageTextcomment       There is no indication of the year for this Palermo Hall statement of Receipts and Expenditures but looking through the expenditures for brick, roofing, timber, cement, window blinds, metal roofing, furnace, and seeing the list of individual donors and proceeds receipts, perhaps it is for the construction of the Hall ...
    ImageTextcomment     There is no indication of the year for this Palermo Hall statement of Receipts and Expenditures but looking through the expenditures for brick, roofing, timber, cement, window blinds, metal roofing, ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 3004 Dundas Street West, 1990s
    Imagecomment       This farmhouse was on Lot 31, Concession 1, SDS, Trafalgar Township. It used to be right at the corner of Bronte Road (formerly Highway 25) and Dundas (formerly Highway 5), directly north of the Palermo Community Hall. Because Dundas Street was widened several times in the 20th century, (as was ...
    Imagecomment     This farmhouse was on Lot 31, Concession 1, SDS, Trafalgar Township. It used to be right at the corner of Bronte Road (formerly Highway 25) and Dundas (formerly Highway 5), ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Potato Truck Accident at the Glenorchy Bridge, 1964
    Imagecomment       The two photographs in this record show the crashed potato truck and the work to retrieve it in about 1964 (the photo was developed in 1965 but that was likely a few months after it was taken). The truck was guided onto Fourth Line, an unsuitable route for a truck, ...
    Imagecomment     The two photographs in this record show the crashed potato truck and the work to retrieve it in about 1964 (the photo was developed in 1965 but that was likely ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • King George Arch Bridge Over the Sixteen Mile Creek, Looking West to Kerr St., Oakville, Demolished 1930's
    Imagecomment       This bridge has been identified as "This would be the King George Arch bridge over the Sixteen Mile Creek. Looking west towards what is now Kerr Street. Ultimately demolished to make way for the QEW bridge in the 1930's." See the Comments section of this record. The sides of the ...
    Imagecomment     This bridge has been identified as "This would be the King George Arch bridge over the Sixteen Mile Creek. Looking west towards what is now Kerr Street. Ultimately demolished to ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Edward Barber, 1948, Munn's School, S.S. #3A, Halton County, Trafalgar Township
    ImageTextcomment       Percy Edward Barber, called Eddie, age 7, in Grade 1 at Munn's School, S.S. No. 3A, Halton County, formerly of Trafalgar Township. His teacher was Mrs. McCullough, who would prepare hot cocoa or soup for the children on cold days. A photograph of the cover of Eddie's Grade One report ...
    ImageTextcomment     Percy Edward Barber, called Eddie, age 7, in Grade 1 at Munn's School, S.S. No. 3A, Halton County, formerly of Trafalgar Township. His teacher was Mrs. McCullough, who would prepare ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Glenorchy School, S.S. #14
    Imagecomment       Glenorchy School, S.S. 14, was located on 4th Line just below the Lower Baseline Rd., Trafalgar Township in Halton County. The school was on the flats of the Sixteen Mile Creek. There is quite a cliffside that the road had to traverse and there was a very sharp turn in ...
    Imagecomment     Glenorchy School, S.S. 14, was located on 4th Line just below the Lower Baseline Rd., Trafalgar Township in Halton County. The school was on the flats of the Sixteen Mile ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Loyal Orange Lodge No. 165, Hornby
    Imagecomment       Two photographs of Hornby, Ontario's Loyal Orange Lodge No. 165 walking sometime in the 1950's era on a July 12th. Bob Brownridge is the gentleman holding his hat in the first picture, and wearing it during the walk in the second picture. He's wearing a vest. Jimmy Cunningham is on ...
    Imagecomment     Two photographs of Hornby, Ontario's Loyal Orange Lodge No. 165 walking sometime in the 1950's era on a July 12th. Bob Brownridge is the gentleman holding his hat in the ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Kerr Streetscape circa 1950-1960
    Imagecomment       Liquor Control Board of Ontario Singer Fabrics Morden's
    Imagecomment     Liquor Control Board of Ontario Singer Fabrics Morden's
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Barnstable Bridge, 2006
    Imagecomment       The Barnstable Bridge crosses the eastern arm of the Sixteen Mile Creek at Lower Base Line in Halton, between Fifth and Sixth Lines.
    Imagecomment     The Barnstable Bridge crosses the eastern arm of the Sixteen Mile Creek at Lower Base Line in Halton, between Fifth and Sixth Lines.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • "Oakhurst", Inglehart House, 1470 Bronte Road
    Imagecomment       Two photographs of "Oakhurst", built by and home of the Inglehart family since the late 1800s, as photographed in about 2009. The second photograph shows the old barn. The silo was built of lakestone. In the Historical Atlas of Halton County, 1877, William Cyrus was at Con. (NDS) 2 Lot ...
    Imagecomment     Two photographs of "Oakhurst", built by and home of the Inglehart family since the late 1800s, as photographed in about 2009. The second photograph shows the old barn. The silo ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • McFadden House, Tremaine Road, 2012
    ImageTextcomment       The McFadden house was built in 1912 in Trafalgar Township. It bears a Milton official heritage designation as the property is now part of Milton. The property is presently owned by the Forte family. These photographs were taken in 2012. To see all four photographs, click on Pages "Select" to ...
    ImageTextcomment     The McFadden house was built in 1912 in Trafalgar Township. It bears a Milton official heritage designation as the property is now part of Milton. The property is presently owned ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 1806 Trafalgar Township Map
    ImageTextcomment       The heading on the map, "Trafalgar Plan of the Second Township In the Tract of Land Lately Purchased From the Mississauga Indians".
    ImageTextcomment     The heading on the map, "Trafalgar Plan of the Second Township In the Tract of Land Lately Purchased From the Mississauga Indians".
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Richview Golf and Country Club
    ImageTextcomment       A series of 9 photographs taken on May 30 and June 26, 2004 to record the Richview Golf and Country Club before it was demolished to make way for some reconfiguration of the land and residential development. The actual demolition began on May 31, 2004. The course was founded in ...
    ImageTextcomment     A series of 9 photographs taken on May 30 and June 26, 2004 to record the Richview Golf and Country Club before it was demolished to make way for some ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Ephraim Post, the younger, 1823-1883
    Imagecomment       The Post Inn was opened by the Post family on the south-west corner of Dundas Street and 7th Line (which is now called Trafalgar Road), or on Lot 13 Concession 1 SDS, before 1827. The Inn was first run by the father of the Ephraim Post in the photograph here, ...
    Imagecomment     The Post Inn was opened by the Post family on the south-west corner of Dundas Street and 7th Line (which is now called Trafalgar Road), or on Lot 13 Concession ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Hopedale Plaza Construction
    Imagecomment       Located in the Hopedale district of Bronte at Third Line and Rebecca Street. It was built as an open strip mall in 1959 with the development of the surrounding subdivision. In 1971, it was enclosed and became Hopedale Mall.
    Imagecomment     Located in the Hopedale district of Bronte at Third Line and Rebecca Street. It was built as an open strip mall in 1959 with the development of the surrounding subdivision. ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Search within these results
Sort
Contributors
Media Types
Groups
Subjects
See more ...
See fewer ...
Sort A-Z...
Sort by hits...
Item Types
Years
18001800180118021803180418051806180718081809
18101810181118121813181418151816181718181819
18201820182118221823182418251826182718281829
18301830183118321833183418351836183718381839
18401840184118421843184418451846184718481849
18501850185118521853185418551856185718581859
18601860186118621863186418651866186718681869
18701870187118721873187418751876187718781879
18801880188118821883188418851886188718881889
18901890189118921893189418951896189718981899
19001900190119021903190419051906190719081909
19101910191119121913191419151916191719181919
19201920192119221923192419251926192719281929
19301930193119321933193419351936193719381939
19401940194119421943194419451946194719481949
19501950195119521953195419551956195719581959
Features
Creative Commons Rights
Map
Map of locations associated with these pictures. Click on a balloon to do a geographic search.
Web Tools
See Alternate Formats:
Atom | RSS | Dublin Core | Mods | Solr
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit