Oakville Images

Results

We found
12
matching items
Decade
1950-1959
  
Creative Commons
no
  
list thumb list 2 columns gallery
  • Well Digging, Shillum Farm, 1953
    Image       Information for this record is taken from the book Wayne Shillum has written, citation in the notes below here. Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in 1950. ...
    Image     Information for this record is taken from the book Wayne Shillum has written, citation in the notes below here. Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Painting the Shillum Barn, 1952-1954
    Image       Information for this record is taken from the book Wayne Shillum has written, book citation in the Notes below here. Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in ...
    Image     Information for this record is taken from the book Wayne Shillum has written, book citation in the Notes below here. Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Digging the Shillum Farm Pond, 1953
    Image       Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in 1950. In 1953, neighbour David (D.A.) Wendover, who ran a contracting and excavation business, dug a new pond and new ...
    Image     Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Closeup of the Bulldozer for Digging Pond, Shillum Farm, 1953
    Image       Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in 1950. In 1953, neighbour David (D.A.) Wendover, who ran a contracting and excavation business, dug a new pond and new ...
    Image     Rose and Robert Shillum bought the 100 acre dairy farm on the Back Concession (now 3133 Burnhamthorpe Rd. West), Palermo, from Fred Edwards and moved their family from Toronto in ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 1958 Map Oakville Trafalgar Bronte Area
    ImageText       The seal is inscribed: District Director of Postal Services Oper. Sec. June 16 1958 Toronto, Ont.
    ImageText     The seal is inscribed: District Director of Postal Services Oper. Sec. June 16 1958 Toronto, Ont.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • 1958 Junior Farmers Championship Softball Team
    ImageText       These young men of Halton County, from the Omagh area, won the championship of the Junior Farmers Association of Ontario at the Guelph Field Day in 1958. Front row: Graham Gillies, Clarence McCann, John Willmott, Lloyd Vivian, John Jarvis. Back row: Ken Vivian, John Pegg, Len Naylor, Coach, Len Coolich, ...
    ImageText     These young men of Halton County, from the Omagh area, won the championship of the Junior Farmers Association of Ontario at the Guelph Field Day in 1958. Front row: Graham ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Trafalgar Boys Band, Oakville Centennial Celebrations, 1957
    Image       Handwritten on the back of the photo: "Trafalgar boy's band Centenial June 30, 1957".
    Image     Handwritten on the back of the photo: "Trafalgar boy's band Centenial June 30, 1957".
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Canadian Pacific Steam Locomotive No. 2659 Leaving Hornby Station on May 15, 1954
    Image       This photograph of Canadian Pacific steam engine No. 2659 leading steam engine No. 5145 and freight train, was taken on May 15, 1954 as the train went west from Hornby Station, Trafalgar Township. The knowledgeable photographer noted: "Hornby, Ontario - May 15, 1954 - 10:55 a.m. Extra West - Toronto ...
    Image     This photograph of Canadian Pacific steam engine No. 2659 leading steam engine No. 5145 and freight train, was taken on May 15, 1954 as the train went west from Hornby ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • North Trafalgar Community Club, 1956
    Image       North Trafalgar Community Club 35th Anniversary at Trafalgar Memorial Hall, 1956. In 1921 a family newly arrived in north Trafalgar Township was in desperate need of help. A small group of women got together to provide the family with clothing and food donations. Their efforts were greatly appreciated and on ...
    Image     North Trafalgar Community Club 35th Anniversary at Trafalgar Memorial Hall, 1956. In 1921 a family newly arrived in north Trafalgar Township was in desperate need of help. A small group ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Have All Sheridan Property Needed For Roads Says Elson, March 29, 1956
    TextImage  Oakville Trafalgar Journal, 29 Mar 1956, Section 1, p. 1, column 1     Newspaper article about the expansion of the Queen Elizabeth Highway which required the demolition of the little village of Sheridan, Ontario.
    TextImage  Oakville Trafalgar Journal, 29 Mar 1956, Section 1, p. 1, column 1   Newspaper article about the expansion of the Queen Elizabeth Highway which required the demolition of the little village of Sheridan, Ontario.
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Reeve Wilbert Biggar with Colleagues, New Trafalgar Township Hall, 1950
    ImageText       Wilbert Henry Biggar was a Halton County Council Reeve, representing Trafalgar Township. His father, Michael L. Bigger had been the Deputy Reeve - Oakville on the Halton County Council earlier in 1890-1891. Trafalgar Township Hall was located on the south-east corner of Trafalgar Road (Seventh Line) and Dundas Street. The ...
    ImageText     Wilbert Henry Biggar was a Halton County Council Reeve, representing Trafalgar Township. His father, Michael L. Bigger had been the Deputy Reeve - Oakville on the Halton County Council earlier ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
  • Hopedale Plaza Construction
    Imagecomment       Located in the Hopedale district of Bronte at Third Line and Rebecca Street. It was built as an open strip mall in 1959 with the development of the surrounding subdivision. In 1971, it was enclosed and became Hopedale Mall.
    Imagecomment     Located in the Hopedale district of Bronte at Third Line and Rebecca Street. It was built as an open strip mall in 1959 with the development of the surrounding subdivision. ...
    Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Powered by / Alimenté par VITA Toolkit