St.Jude's Cemetery, Oakville, Ontario (1919)
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Photograph of St. Jude's Cemetery as it was in 1920. St. Jude's Cemetery started in 1853 with the purchase of 5 acres on the shore of Lake Ontario, just west of the town of Oakville based at the mouth of the Sixteen Mile Creek.
- Trafalgar Township was one of the first three townships in Halton County. The land was purchased from the Mississaugas in 1805.
Most of the community we now know as Oakville, Ontario was once Trafalgar Township. The political boundaries of Trafalgar Township ceased to exist with the amalgamation of the Township, the Village of Bronte and Oakville in 1962.
However, the geographic boundaries remain with Trafalgar Township extending to the Lake on both the east (Winston Churchill) and west (Burloak Drive) and then stretching over the farmland to the north all the way to Steeles Avenue.
- Front of card: St. Jude's Cemetery, Oakville Ont.
Verso: Post Card ; Place Stamp Here ; Made In Canada ; Correspondence Here ; Name And Address Here
- Place of Publication:
- Date Of Event:
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- St.Jude's Cemetery, Oakville, Ontario (1919)
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton