East and West Churches, Stirling
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Postcard of East and West Churches, Stirling, Scotland.
- By the use of galleries, and a dividing wall, two separate congregations could, at the same hour, be accommodated, with seating sufficient for 2,000 worshippers. Church of the Holy Rude (Holy Cross).
- Reverse notes by Rev. R.B. Layton:
dates from 12th C. 1544 4 prelates and 21 nobles in this church constituted Mary of Guise Queen Regent of Scot., during minority of Mary (Queen of Scots). Jas. 6th was crowned here in 1761 at 13 mos. 10 days. J. Knox preached. His pulpit is in Castle Museum. The E. end added in 16th C. Modern doorway put in 1656.
- Date of Original
- ca. 1908
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 56.1210604250441 Longitude: -3.88916015625
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Oakville Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
Oakville Public Library
120 Navy Street
Oakville ON L6J 2Z4
Tel: (905) 815-2042
For information about photographs, news articles, or other information included in this database, please contact the Local Collections Librarian by email.