Bert and Annie (McKay) Langtry and Family
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Our original donor named the people in this photograph as Andrew Pettit "Bert" Langtry, wife Annie née McKay and daughters Amy Christina and Clara Elizabeth.
In early 2017, a grandson of the oldest daughter, Irene, emailed to tell us that the little girl sitting between the parents is definitely Irene. Therefore, the assumption would be that the baby is Elizabeth and that the photograph was taken early in 1893 prior to the birth of Gertrude and Amy. He has provided birth dates for the daughters of Bert and Annie.
Andrew Pettit, called "Bert" and Annie (McKay) Langtry had 4 daughters. Irene, born June 11, 1889. Elizabeth, born January 28, 1891. Gertrude born July 23, 1893 and Amy, born May 1896.
Bert died on January 1, 1926 at his home on the Middle Road, Bronte according to the linked Canadian Champion (Milton) newspaper page 3, column 6. Notice of Annie's death was on page 3 of the Milton Canadian Champion on March 9, 1939.
- At least one official record interprets Andrew's middle name as "Pettah".
- Date of Original:
- Personal Name(s):
- Andrew Pettit "Bert" Langtry (1856-1926). Annie Langtry née McKay (1858-1939).
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Bert and Annie (McKay) Langtry and Family
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton