176 Front Street ca 1925
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This photo was taken from the McCrae family's property which was located on Thomas Street. In the rear right of the photo, the corner of 176 Front Street can be seen. Directly in the background is Glenorchy cottage. The cottage at 176 Front Street was built in 1837 by James McDonald, a Scottish immigrant and master carpenter. The land had been purchased from William Chisholm in 1834. It is an example of timber frame construction, a style no longer used.
- Date of Original:
- ca 1925
- Local identifier:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Public domain: Copyright has expired according to Canadian law. No restrictions on use.
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton