334 Dundas Street East, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Click on "Select Pages" above to view the house photographs. Image No. 2 is the front of the Parks Canada cataloguing index card.
In December 1971, January 1972, Parks Canada photographed those buildings that were 100 or more years old. This Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings was a Centennial Project.
The Trafalgar Township Historical Society has worked with Parks Canada and Library and Archives Canada to find these photographs. The collection will grow as we have time to collect and prepare the images.
The TTHS is also sending the images to the Town of Oakville Heritage Planners to increase local availability and to ensure local preservation.
Each TTHS internet record will show the back of the identifying information card first. This is to prevent any errors in reading the handwritten address held up on a clipboard for each address - we have noted that sometimes the address number is illegible or incorrect.
At the top of each TTHS record, you will find "pages" to click on to view the various photographs.
All TTHS records in this collection can be found in one step by clicking on the "Groups" link on the right of your screen, "Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972. Trafalgar Township & Oakville."
- At the time of photographing 334 Dundas Street East, Ms. A.J. McGowan was onsite. The estimated date of building was 1862. 334 Dundas Street East is on the south side of Dundas Street, between Trafalgar Road and Postridge Drive. The house is no longer there.
- Coding on card front: 061770018 is Province and Geocode ; CIBH-00334 ; NPC 464(9-70) 7530-21-029-3938 ; Province-06 Neg.-0ZY23
Verso of index card: 06177001800334
- Date Of Event:
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- 334 Dundas Street East, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton