38 Dundas Street West, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Click on "Select Pages" above to view the house photographs. Image No. 2 is the front of the Parks Canada cataloguing index card.
38 Dundas Street West was SDS, Concession 1, Lot 16. This is on the southwest corner of Munn's Corners in North Oakville. Prior to amalgamation in the 1960's, this was in Trafalgar Township, Halton County.
Parks Canada determined that the building owner in 1972 was J. Rush. They estimated the building was erected in about 1880 and the style was Gothic Revival.
The 1858 Tremaine's Map shows Samuel Kenney on this Lot and the 1877 county atlas map shows John K. Appelbe, Esq.
Also linked here on the right under "Other Web Sites" is a TTHS record with a series of colour photographs of this property taken in 1977.
- In December 1971, January 1972, Parks Canada photographed those buildings that were 100 or more years old. This Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings was a Centennial Project.
The Trafalgar Township Historical Society has worked with Parks Canada and Library and Archives Canada to find these photographs. The collection will grow as we have time to collect and prepare the images.
The TTHS is also sending the images to the Town of Oakville Heritage Planners to increase local availability and to ensure local preservation.
Each TTHS internet record will show the back of the identifying information card first. This is to prevent any errors in reading the handwritten address held up on a clipboard for each address - we have noted that sometimes the address number is illegible or incorrect.
At the top of each TTHS record, you will find "pages" to click on to view the various photographs.
All TTHS records in this collection can be found in one step by clicking on the "Groups" link on the right of your screen, "Parks Canada. Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1970-1972. Trafalgar Township & Oakville."
- Front of index card: NPC 464 (9-70) 7530-21-029-3938
- Date Of Event:
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- 38 Dundas Street West, Canadian Inventory of Heritage Buildings, 1972
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton