Oakville Centennial Project
NOTES FOR MR. BONSER
You will be introduced by Chairman Ryland New immediately following remarks made by the Chairman of the Library Board – Mr. Donald Bath.
- The purpose of you being here is to accept the thanks of the Centennial Committee for and on behalf of all donors and contributors to the project.
- Attached you will find a list of donors and contributors.
- You should express your thanks for the opportunity of representing these groups who have contributed much time and money to our Centennial Project. (please add your own suitable remarks)
- (carefully) lead into some of these contributions and you might point out one or two examples, but you must give equal credit to small donors. [crossed out: I suggest that you read the names of all the groups – no individuals – who have made contributions.]
NOTE: It is quite possible that some of the groups of donors may have their own special guest with them on this occasion. I believe that one example would be the Danish Consul General “here today to join with the Danish-Canadian Club of Oakville in celebrating this opening”. We will attempt to keep you advised of all or any changes.
- We suggest that you close with suitable remarks about the Project, Oakville, etc. Suggest that you attempt to keep your total remarks between 4 and 5 minutes.