Oakville Recreation Commission Day Camp, Pine Ridge Camp Site, July 1956
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Counseler Janet Lees with day campers at the Pine Ridge Camp location of the Oakbille Recreation Commission Day Camps in July 1956.
This Rotary Park site was closed in the 1980's. The old bridge crossing the Sixteen Mile Creek at Henderson Park was demolished and a new one built in about 2012.
To see all the records in our collection of local day camping, click on "Groups of Related Records" "Oakville Recreation Commission Day Camps." Photographs in the collection are courtesy of Janet (Lees) Timbrell and Ross Wark, camp leaders 1956-1959.
To view a better satellite image of the area, use Google Earth, @ 43.477619 -79.796429. You will see the old Rotary Park dining hall building still tucked back in under the tree canopy.
- Date Of Event:
- July 1956
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage:
- Michelle Knoll, Janet (Lees) Timbrell
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Oakville Recreation Commission Day Camp, Pine Ridge Camp Site, July 1956
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton