Westwood Public School ca1956
- Charles Osland, Oakville Ontario, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Westwood Public School (Westwood P.S.) was built at 152 Wilson Street, northwest corner of Wilson and Rebecca Streets, Oakville, in 1922 to serve the west side of the town of Oakville. Now home to the Halton K9 Lions Club.
The 2nd image in this record shows the individual signatures of some of the students. To view it, click on "Pages" "Select".
School principal at the time was Don Ross. This is the Grade 8 class.
- Linked for your further information is a newspaper article detailing the start and growth of Trafalgar Township's schools.
- Date of Original:
- Personal Name(s):
- Back Row, L to R: John Peckmarsh, Robert Wark, John Shields, Chester Lztezner, Peter Evens, Bobby Piros, Fred Craig, Bruce Anderson, Richard Brown, Donald Mantais. Second Row, L to R: Wayne Fullerton, Rolf Herman, Gary Stokes, Danny Skaling, D.H. Ross, Jim Holliday, Stewart Slater, Frank Rivier, Leon Pelky, Donald Bird, Bruce Butterworth. Third Row, L to R: Beverly Heath, Joy Snowball, Joan Boomer, Janet Lees, Kay Craig, Judy Holsey, Donna Fisher, Carol Webster, Patsy Leakman, Janet Aitkens. Front Row, L to R: John Dill, Dawn Alway, Morganne Montgomery, Charlotte Woods, ? Dinger, Gwen Houghton, Bill Bamber, Missing: Vic Hadfield, Kristina du Jardin.
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Recommended Citation:
- Westwood Public School ca1956
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton