3004 Dundas Street West, 1990s
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This farmhouse was on Lot 31, Concession 1, SDS, Trafalgar Township. It used to be right at the corner of Bronte Road (formerly Highway 25) and Dundas (formerly Highway 5), directly north of the Palermo Community Hall. Because Dundas Street was widened several times in the 20th century, (as was Bronte Road), this building was moved west of Old Bronte Road.
The 1816 Trafalgar Township Assessment by Fred Blair and the Trafalgar Township Historical Society shows that Benjamin Smith owed Lot 31. In 1816, he had 160 cultivated, 40 not. He served with the 2nd Regiment of York Militia in the War of 1812.
To view two more photographs of the house in this record, click on "Pages" "Select".
- Thank you to C. Van Sligtenhorst, Town of Oakville, Heritage Planner, District East/Central Planning Services, for allowing these images to be part of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society digital collection. Our intent is to make the information and images widely available for viewing, and for information.
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage:
- Recommended Citation:
- 3004 Dundas Street West, 1990s
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton