2514 Dundas Street West, 1977 and 1991
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This attractive farmhouse was on Lot 30, Conc. 1 SDS Trafalgar Township - or in today's terms, on the southeast corner facing Dundas Street at Bronte Road (now Old Bronte Road), in the old village of Palermo, now Oakville.
According to the 1816 Trafalgar Township Assessment by Fred Blair and the Trafalgar Township Historical Society, Charles Teetzel owned this land. 65 acres were cultivated, 25 not. He sold a parcel of it in 1818 for a school, meeting house and cemetery as per the Fall 2008 TTHS Newsletter.
The main record photograph and the next 3 photos were taken for the Town of Oakville in 1977. The last photograph was taken in 1991. To see the other photographs, click on "Pages" "Select".
- Thank you to C. Van Sligtenhorst, Town of Oakville, Heritage Planner, District East/Central Planning Services, for allowing these images to be part of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society digital collection. Our intent is to make the information and images widely available for viewing, and for information.
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- 2514 Dundas Street West, 1977 and 1991
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton