2408 Dundas Street West, 1991 and 2008
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This farmhouse was on Lot 29, Con.1 SDS. It was on the south side of Dundas Street in present day Oakville, on the east Fourteen Mile Creek branch to the east of Palermo. As of 2016, there is a restaurant facing Dundas Street at about the spot.
The photograph in the main record was taken for the Town of Oakville in 1991. To see the 2008 photograph, click on "Pages" "Select.
The 1816 Trafalgar Township Assessment by Fred Blair and the Trafalgar Township Historical Society shows that Joseph Smith owned the lot. He also owned land south of here, closer to the old hamlet of Merton at today's North Service and Bronte Roads. Joseph served with the 2nd Regiment of York Militia in the War of 1812.
- Thank you to C. Van Sligtenhorst, Town of Oakville, Heritage Planner, District East/Central Planning Services, for allowing these images to be part of the Trafalgar Township Historical Society digital collection. Our intent is to make the information and images widely available for viewing, and for information.
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- 2408 Dundas Street West, 1991 and 2008
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton