Gordon E. Perdue High School, 1966 Graduation Programme
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Of note at these graduation exercises, were the award winners. In particular, the three Ontario scholars Richard Purdy, Vita Linkevicious and Roger Sanders.
The linked article tells you more about these three, and the 2016 reunion, which saw 90 people come together, organized by Roger Sanders. David Lea of the Oakville Beaver took the photographs and wrote the May 6, 2016 article.
It is thanks to Roger Sanders and Jane Watt, also a former Perdue student (1963-1967) that the Trafalgar Township Historical Society has been able to share these photographs and school event programmes with you.
Gordon E. Perdue High School opened in September 1962 and was Oakville's first "composite" school, offering teenagers a choice of an academic, commercial and/or technical education under one roof.
- Gordon Perdue had worked as a schoolteacher but became general manager of the Oakville Basket Company while serving as elected Chair of the local school board from 1949.
The school was located at 124 Dorval Drive on the southwest corner of Rebecca Street and Dorval, Oakville, Ontario. It was sold to the Halton Catholic District School Board in 1990 and is now St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Secondary School.
Click on "PDF" to view the multiple page programme as a single document. Or view each pair of pages individually by clicking on "Pages" "Select".
- Date Of Event:
- October 28, 1966
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical society
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Gordon E. Perdue High School, 1966 Graduation Programme
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton