1967-1968 Gordon E. Perdue High School Yearbook Cover
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A photograph taken by a high school student on the 1967-1968 Yearbook Committee and used for the front cover of that Yearbook.
Gordon E. Perdue High School opened in September 1962. It was the first Oakville "composite" highschool, offering students a choice of academic, commercial and technical educations. Typing, for example, was a skill that crossed the boundaries between these streams.
Prior to this, Oakville youth wanting to learn technical skills in highschool had to commute into New Toronto.
- Gordon Perdue had worked as a schoolteacher but became general manager of the Oakville Basket Company while serving as elected Chair of the local school board from 1949.
The school was located at 124 Dorval Drive on the southwest corner of Rebecca Street and Dorval, Oakville, Ontario. It was sold to the Halton Catholic District School Board in 1990 and is now St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Secondary School.
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical society
- Geographic Coverage:
- Recommended Citation:
- 1967-1968 Gordon E. Perdue High School Yearbook Cover
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton