- G.B. Robson, Petrolia Ontario, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- 2 photographs of the same wedding and family. Unfortunately, no information is with the photographs. They were donated from a family long established in Palermo, Halton County but we don't know what the Trafalgar Township connection is.
The photographer is from Petrolia and there is a souvenir banner on the porch wall from Kingsville. The photographer would not travel to Palermo from Petrolia so we should assume the wedding was somewhere in southwestern Ontario.
The souvenir banner "ORFU" could be for the Ontario Rugby Football Union, which according to Wikipedia, "was an early amateur Canadian football league with teams in the Canadian province of Ontario. The ORFU was founded in 1883...."
The chaplain certainly seems to look like the bride so perhaps they are brother and sister. He is an mounted officer in the army, World War I.
- Click on "Pages" top left to view the 2nd photograph.
- Local identifier
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Unidentified Wedding
- Trafalgar Township Historical SocietyEmail
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton