Glenclare Farm Flock of Geese
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A wonderful picture showing the diversity of the Biggar family farm, Glenclare Farm.
Albert Biggar's grandfather, Michael, had first owned the property, Lot 15, Concession 2 NDS Trafalgar Township, running north from Burnhamthorpe Road on the east side of 6th Line. Acreage was added to expand this property as the family grew and another farm fronting on "the Dundas highway" was also purchased in later years.
Unfortunately, there is no date nor is the young person with the flock identified. It is in a postcard format.
- Personal Name(s):
- Michael Lafey Bigger, d.December 10, 1921. Belinda (Cronkrite) Bigger, d.December 31, 1898. Their son, James William Bigger, d.December 10, 1921.
Their son, Albert Anson Bigger, b.November 13, 1856, d.June 24, 1938 married Henrietta (called Hettie) Almira (Munn) Bigger, b.October 26, 1860, d. November 26, 1962. Hettie's parents were King Henry Munn and Ann Catherine Snider.
Children of Hettie and Albert were: Clara A. Bigger, b.February 13, 1884, d.1978. William James, b.July 26, 1886. Wilbert Henry, b.May 6, 1887 d.June 13, 1960.
Wilbert married Mary Ethel Conover, b.1888 d.1949. Wilbert and Mary Ethel's children were Harold C., 1917-2004, Clare O. Biggar, 1937-1945, Lois, 1919-1997, Russell and (twins) Martha and Kathryn d.May 1999. The family is buried at St. Jude's Cemetery, Oakville.
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Glenclare Farm Flock of Geese
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton