Albert Anson Bigger and Henrietta Almira (Munn) Bigger, 1883
- Eckerson & Millman, Photographers, Hamilton, Ontario, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Hettie and Albert married on January 17, 1883 in the Methodist Church at Munn's Corners, Trafalgar Township, Halton County.
Albert's parents, Michael and Belinda (Cronkrite) Bigger farmed north of Munn's Corners on the east side of the Sixth Line, going north from Burnhamthorpe.
Hettie was a graduate of the Wesleyan Female College in Hamilton, Ontario. (The brochure showing her name as "Henrietta E. Munn" is linked to this record for your information.) She was an accomplished piano player and photographs of her piano in the house show it was a type of baby grand. She played the organ at Munn's Church until age 98 - ending this long career only because of a broken hip.
Albert and Hettie took over the ownership and management of the 6th Line Bigger family farm, Glenclare. It was an integrated farm with crops and animals. They were active in area agricultural societies and social groups; Hetty in the Halton District Women's Institute, Albert a district Reeve as had been his father.
- Hettie is holding a letter in her hand, perhaps signifying she and Albert had corresponded during her years at College in Hamilton.
The 2nd image in this record is the back of the photograph, showing the photographer's information again.
- Date Of Event:
- Personal Name(s):
- Michael Lafey Bigger, d.December 10, 1921. Belinda (Cronkrite) Bigger, d.December 31, 1898. Their son, James William Bigger, d.December 10, 1921. Their son, Albert Anson Bigger, b.November 13, 1856, d.June 24, 1938.
Henrietta (called Hettie) Almira (Munn) Bigger, b.October 26, 1860, d. November 26, 1962. Hettie's parents were King Henry Munn and Ann Catherine Snider.
Children of Hettie and Albert were: Clara A. Bigger, b.February 13, 1884, d.1978. William James, b.July 26, 1886. Wilbert Henry, b.May 6, 1887. Married Mary Ethel Conover, b.1888 d.1949.
Wilbert and Mary Ethel's children were Harold C., 1917-2004, Clare O. Bigger, 1937-1945, Lois, 1919-1997, Russell and (twins) Martha and Kathryn.
The family is buried at St. Jude's Cemetery, Oakville.
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Albert Anson Bigger and Henrietta Almira (Munn) Bigger, 1883
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton