Palermo Methodist Church
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This congregation was founded as a Methodist Church in 1812; the building was erected in 1867. In 1925, this church became a part of the United Church of Canada. The church is located at 2521 Dundas Street West, Oakville, Ontario in the old village of Palermo.
The church celebrated its anniversary every October and it may be that this photograph was taken at the 1912, or 100th, anniversary although the idea of it being about 1890 is also possible.
Two people stand out: the woman in the centre holding the baby which looks like it is dressed in christening clothes, and behind her to the left is an older man with a notable white beard holding a large, thick book which is likely a bible. He seems to be pointing to the book.
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Recommended Citation:
- Palermo Methodist Church, circa 1890
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton