1958 Map Oakville Trafalgar Bronte Area
- Kenneth H. McConnnell, Creator
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This 1958 map of the Town of Oakville has an inset map of Bronte and an inset map of Trafalgar Township. The postal routes and times of delivery are handwritten and drawn on the Town of Oakville section.
The map was obtained from the Canada Post Archives held by the National Library of Canada.
The letter carrier boundaries, the A.M. portion of walk, P.M. portion of walk, local transportation, inner circle, outer circle, Gray Coach Lines are marked by hand using shading, coloured lines or are clear for the Town of Oakville.
The streets of the Town of Oakville are listed and assigned a map grid number.
- We were trying to ascertain where R.R. 1 Bronte was, what roads/streets it covered in the 1950's. Unfortunately this map doesn't have that information but it is as close as the Canada Post Archives can provide.
- The seal is inscribed: District Director of Postal Services Oper. Sec. June 16 1958 Toronto, Ont.
- Oakville-Trafalgar Chamber of Commerce
- Date of Original:
- March 1958
- Map Scale:
- Corporate Name(s):
- Kenneth H. McConnell, 119 Colborne St. East Oakville
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Recommended Citation:
- 1958 Map Oakville Trafalgar Bronte Area
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton