Palermo United Church, Carola and Edwin Darlington Memorial Window
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This beautiful stained glass window was placed in the United Church in memory of Edwin and Carola Darlington by their children in 1962. It is located in the back right of the church as you look from the pulpit south towards Dundas Street.
Mrs. Darlington was organist and choir director at Palermo United Church for many years.
- The congregation started in 1812 as a Methodist Church. The building was erected in 1867. In 1925, this church became a part of the United Church of Canada.
The church is at 2521 Dundas St W, Oakville, ON. A link to the church website is included here.
This picture is a photocopy of a photograph.
- Jesus and the Children ; Suffer Little Children to Come Unto Me ; To the Glory of God and in Loving Memory of Carola and Edwin Darlington
- Date Of Event:
- Personal Name(s):
- Darlington, Edwin (known as Ted) ;
Carola May (Gilbert) Darlington 1887-1962). She was married to Edwin (Ted) Darlington and her sister Janet, called "Eva", married Ted's brother, Frederick Darlington.
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Palermo United Church, Carola and Edwin Darlington Memorial Window
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton