Smith Family "Accounts" Books 1920-1960
- Media Type:
- Pages from two "accounts" books owned by the Smith family who settled and farmed Lot 34, Con 1 SDS (near Palermo) in the 1800's through to the early 1970's when the farm was expropriated for Bronte Provincial Creek Park. Just a few pages are shown here. The original remains with the family collection.
The books do have pages of the farm accounts but personal notes, recipes - note the recipes in the image "2nd Accounts Book 7" for fly spray and sore shoulders on a horse or cow - doodles, anniversary dates and more.
In these years, the writers were likely Art and Mabel Smith.
- Personal Name(s):
- Arthur Albert Smith, b. December 1883, d. 1970.
Mabel (Bridgeman) Smith, b. 1884, d. 1962.
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Smith Family "Accounts" Books 1920-1960
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton