J. Walker Smith, Keturah Inglehart, 1881
- T. King, 10 1/2 King St. W., Hamilton, Photographer
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- The 200 acre farm at Lot 34, Concession 1 S.D.S. prospered under the ownership of John D. Smith and his family. The family attended the Church of England (St. Luke's Anglican Church) in Palermo, Trafalgar Township.
Walker Smith was managing the farm by the time of his marriage, as his mother had died. His father lived with Walker and Keturah, according to the Census of 1881.
Walker and Keturah had 2 sons, Arthur Albert, b. 24 Dec 1882 and John Russell, b. 1886.
- The family has written that this photo was taken sometime between 1875 and 1880 but it is most likely the engagement photograph, taken prior to their marriage in October 1881.
At least one Census spells "Katurah" as "Catura".
- Personal Name(s):
- John Walker Smith, b.August 31, 1854, m.October 26, 1881 to Keturah Margaret Inglehart, d.April 28, 1930.
Keturah Inglehart, b. August 21, 1858, d.June 8, 1918.
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Recommended Citation:
- J. Walker Smith, Keturah Inglehart, 1875-1880
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton