Postcard; James Street Incline Railway, Hamilton, Ont., Canada
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- A postcard of the H & B Incline Railway in Hamilton, Ontario written and sent by Albert Burgin to his uncle, Walker Smith.
Page 2 shows the verso of the card.
- Front: James Street Incline Railway, Hamilton, Ont., Canada ; H & B Incline Railway ; 108447 JV.
Verso: Post Card ; Famous throughout the world ; ..?..& Sons.
The post office stamp reads: Hamilton Ont. 1912, Oct. 22 9:30 AM and the stamp is a one cent stamp with the image of King George V.
Addressed to Mr. Walker Smith, Palermo, Ontario.
Message: Oct 21/12, Dear Uncle Walker, Weather permitting I am thinking of taking a run out saturday afternoon on the 2-10 car that is if Mrs. Smith is feeliing well enough for company hoping all are well Albert Burgin
- Date Of Event:
- October 22, 1912
- Personal Name(s):
- John Walker Smith, b. August 31, 1854 in Palermo, Married Victoria Keturah Inglehart on October 26, 1881 and died in Palermo on August 28, 1858 ; Albert Burgin
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Recommended Citation:
- Postcard; James Street Incline Railway, Hamilton, Ont., Canada
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton