Postcard; Bird's Eye View of Titusville, PA
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This postcard was sent by Arthur Smith to his father, Walker Smith, in 1916.
- Arthur is referred to in a family history as a seaman but in 1918, he took over the family farm in Palermo which was at Lot 34, Concession 1, South of Dundas Street.
- Front of postcard: Bird's Eye View of Titusville, PA.
Verso: Post Card ; H.H. Hamm Erie PA ; Published by Harry H. Hamm, Erie, PA. Made in U.S.A. ; This space for correspondence ; This space for address.
The stamp is a U.S. Postage 1 cent and it was stamped at Titusville, PA, October 26, 3 p.m., 1916.
The card is addressed to Mr. J.W. Smith, Palermo, PO, Ontario, Canada.
The message reads: Thursday, Well how are you all getting along. We are getting along nicely got your letter and Russells glad to hear you are all well and getting along fine. I suppose the silo filling is all done and the ?ea?s are off by this time. Arthur
- Date Of Event:
- October 25, 1916
- Personal Name(s):
- John Walker Smith, b. August 31, 1854 in Palermo, Married Victoria Keturah Inglehart on October 26, 1881 and died in Palermo on August 28, 1858 ;
Arthur Albert Smith, b. December 6, 1883 in Palermo, married Mabel Lizella (Bridgman) on March 20, 1920 and died in Palermo in 1970.
- Local identifier:
- Trafalgar Township Historical Society
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Postcard; Bird's Eye View of Titusville, PA
Trafalgar Township Historical Society
Trafalgar Township Historical Society Sponsor: Jeff Knoll, Local & Regional Councillor for Oakville Ward 5 – Town of Oakville/Regional Municipality of Halton